First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
Chipped or cracked? Chips are easy to fill, these cracks are a foot across the corner. It definitely needs a full replacement. Also, what was your timeline?
It was a small chip, less than the size of a dime. I only called the SC cuz none of the local glass repair chains would touch it until the R1T was listed in their computers. When I heard Rivian’s quote (verbal only) I decided to keep trying the local glass shops.
Sponsored

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
Can you share your quote with us?
Sorry, I never got a written quote, just a verbal estimate over the phone. I told them I’d keep trying to find a local glass shop that would do a repair.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sorry, I never got a written quote, just a verbal estimate over the phone. I told them I’d keep trying to find a local glass shop that would do a repair.
Do you have Safelite in your area? For USAA, repairs have no deductible and you can schedule it through their app. Rivian is in the Safelite system.

Rivian R1T R1S Guard those windshields! Screenshot_20221229-103551

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
Rivian is in the Safelite system.
Well that’s new! When I tried back in June Rivian was not in their system. Unfortunately here in Bend Safelite only offers mobile service from Eugene and the wait can be 2-3 weeks depending upon their workload.

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

According to the STEK website, DYNOflex offers 99% UV rejection which is a definite plus here in Arizona. The team at DetailPHX told me that , while there will always be a little distortion, the film will get better as it cures over the first two weeks, I'll report back and see if I can capture some photos of anything I see. Stayed tune.
How has the windshield film been working out for you now that you’re several months in?

Sponsored

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

I have had mine for 2 months and it still looks great. There's a few small marks where things have hit the windshield but they probably would have either pitted or made little scratches on the glass. Does require a solution be applied to the windshield and I do that whenever I wash the car. I really have not used my windshield wipers much so not sure how that is going to affect it when it gets more rainy. I also turned off my automatic windshield wipers because they seem to do a cycle whenever I would start the car and didn't want that extra abrasion on the windshield. My barrier cost $450 when I had the ppf installed, so I think it was a good deal given the cost of these windshields

CruxOp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
I keep the ACC set to the furthest following distance and avoid being behind semi's like the plague. fingers crossed so far so good.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

The fragileness of the Rivian glass is that just because this is a dual laminate glass and we are all used to a single thick sheet of glass? First vehicle I've had with it and its basically two sheets of half the thickness glass.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Car windshields are required to be made of laminated glass. Since 1937, laminated safety glass has been a requirement for all vehicles.
Sponsored