Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Is anyone else experiencing GPS inaccuracy with the latest software update? Since I got my truck back from service (with problems) I am seeing trucks GPS location bounce around a lot (mostly when stopping at stop signs/lights) if I have navigation going it flips around enough to recalculate the directions.

Never seen this before so wondering if it is new to the latest software or just another problem with my truck post service.

Video Link to video posted below
Sponsored

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I have seen the bug jump forward at stop signs since the beginning. Haven't had the truck back in a month, so I can't tell you if there is a change in the last two updates.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I have seen the bug jump forward at stop signs since the beginning. Haven't had the truck back in a month, so I can't tell you if there is a change in the last two updates.
Thanks interesting. I guess it's possible I never noticed it before this week but considering the miles i have logged I'm not sure how.

Curious if others experience that.

Sorry about your truck, dealing with them is a PIA.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

FYI this is a video that shows what Iā€™m talking about. Curious if others have always seen this like @godfodder0901 or if others are seeing this after the latest update.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FYI this is a video that shows what Iā€™m talking about. Curious if others have always seen this like @godfodder0901 or if others are seeing this after the latest update.
I will say that mine doesn't 'bounce' quite like that. It just does that initial 'jump' and then comes back to center. Almost like the bug is using DR (dead reckoning) and doesn't realize I stopped. Then says 'oh shit, we stopped' and jumps back.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've never seen it.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I will say that mine doesn't 'bounce' quite like that. It just does that initial 'jump' and then comes back to center. Almost like the bug is using DR (dead reckoning) and doesn't realize I stopped. Then says 'oh shit, we stopped' and jumps back.
Thanks that is useful. I reported it to Rivian and sent the video this morning.

It's not that big of a deal when I'm not use nav but when I am it ends up recalculating directions twice, if I were somewhere unfamiliar it could get quite confusing.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This did remind me of something that is somewhat related. Am I the only one that can't get a good sense as to how far I am from the upcoming street when looking at the GPS with directions on the main screen? I almost feel like it's subject to a time delay behind the truck slightly. I'll be at an intersection and think the truck is still approaching it on the screen.

Thanks Brice. I assume you are on the latest software now?
Yes sir. The only time I've had it jump around on me was when I was in the SR99 tunnel. Which is generally interesting to me.

Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I had something similar happen to me, but after a soft reset everything worked like normal. No issues since.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

This did remind me of something that is somewhat related. Am I the only one that can't get a good sense as to how far I am from the upcoming street when looking at the GPS with directions on the main screen? I almost feel like it's subject to a time delay behind the truck slightly. I'll be at an intersection and think the truck is still approaching it on the screen.

Yes sir. The only time I've had it jump around on me was when I was in the SR99 tunnel. Which is generally interesting to me.
Agree with the delay. I feel like Iā€™ve had some of that and misses directions sometimes when in ore unfamiliar areas.
The bouncing as references in video I have not noticed. There were some option buttons at top of screen that I donā€™t recall seeing either - but ghat would be a different topic.
I have noticed nav doesnā€™t do well with a curved right turn and instead thinks should go straight and make a 90 right

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Mine has done it since before the update, but it has gotten MUCH worse post-update.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
If you pay attention to the road instead of playing with your phone making videos, you might be better able to avoid driving into fields. šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If you pay attention to the road instead of playing with your phone making videos, you might be better able to avoid driving into fields. šŸ˜‰
Itā€™s a Rivian why would I want to avoid driving in fieldsā€¦ šŸ˜
Sponsored