Sponsored

Get Ready for the Purchase Process Email

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
I got the email and my wife, also a 2019 order, with a June/July (I’m May/June) did not. I actually am more ok with this if it did only go to people closer to their window.

That said, I’m not confident Rivian has a good CRM in place since people that already took delivery got it and they have been terrible in the past - for example I got the R1S manual email but have an R1T on order.
What R1S manual email?
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Wait. @abirozy, is that real or just a prank? If real, that gives me hope that I might be getting the coveted 8-step email in a relatively short time!

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Wait. @abirozy, is that real or just a prank? If real, that gives me hope that I might be getting the coveted 8-step email in a relatively short time!
It was a real email, but my guess on what likely happened is that

1). A few weeks ago they had that massive guide contact for existing LE pre-orders that had not yet been contacted so sent out the mass email on electronic purchase

2). They then realized “oops. We look like idiots to those that have already taken delivery”

3). They then sent out this email en mass to those that got original email but had already got their truck.

with that said, perhaps someone else who got the email but already taken delivery could comment if they got similar second email. Also, the electronic delivery email was one I got a few days prior to my guide contact.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Thanks. I am a non-LE (but close) res holder for an R1T that was told Jul-Sep of '22. I had OC interior, but switched to BM Weds and then got this email yesterday. It's the "We're getting our next crop of owners ready..." that has me now hoping that the email was intended to go out to those people that will be getting the 8-step email shortly. But I am a bit of a foolish optimist at times...

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It was a real email, but my guess on what likely happened is that

1). A few weeks ago they had that massive guide contact for existing LE pre-orders that had not yet been contacted so sent out the mass email on electronic purchase

2). They then realized “oops. We look like idiots to those that have already taken delivery”

3). They then sent out this email en mass to those that got original email but had already got their truck.

with that said, perhaps someone else who got the email but already taken delivery could comment if they got similar second email. Also, the electronic delivery email was one I got a few days prior to my guide contact.
Your story about the email you received shortly before guide contact was the first thing I thought about when I saw the email in my inbox and why I got excited.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Thanks. I am a non-LE (but close) res holder for an R1T that was told Jul-Sep of '22. I had OC interior, but switched to BM Weds and then got this email yesterday. It's the "We're getting our next crop of owners ready..." that has me now hoping that the email was intended to go out to those people that will be getting the 8-step email shortly. But I am a bit of a foolish optimist at times...
It could be the beginning of your delivery. Not sure. I got a very similar email days before my guide contact and I am like you. Not LE.

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
CS confirmed that the email is meaningless in terms of impending anything. Was supposed to go to all pre order holders. CS apologized for the confusion.
Not sure I buy this to be honest. The numbers show that it was not sent to people with 2023 estimates and the content of the email doesn't really make sense to send to someone who is 6+ months away from taking delivery.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Not sure I buy this to be honest. The numbers show that it was not sent to people with 2023 estimates and the content of the email doesn't really make sense to send to someone who is 6+ months away from taking delivery.
I have a July - September 2022 delivery estimate. So unless they are pushing me out all the way to 2023 I am thinking it was just not sent to everyone by mistake.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Any why would the mistake email specifically mention getting the next crop of owners ready?

meanwhile I keep checking for a guide.. :)

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I have a July - September 2022 delivery estimate. So unless they are pushing me out all the way to 2023 I am thinking it was just not sent to everyone by mistake.
I mean the content of the email doesn't really make sense if you're 3 months from delivery either. There's been people that have gotten picked early but I would guess that they did something like "select * from orders where deliveryEstimate < 2022-07-01" and sent emails to them. But who really knows. They are probably also updating the delivery estimates internally more often than they're communicating, especially with the option re-prioritization.