Retired

SkyLander

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've been on the call with Rivian service twice to try to get the garage door working with my Genie 2024 and no luck. I can't get past the 1st step screen at all.

RockStrongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
I'm pretty sure I read in the release notes for the next update that includes Camp Mode that it has a fix for the commercial style Liftmaster jackshaft openers. I have three of them, the add door wizard crashes every time I hit test.

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
During my service call was told software update is coming out next week but without changes to the garage door programming. However the update next month is supposed to address many known garage bugs.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I received my R1T today, and have tried pairing my Overhead Door Co. Garage door opener without success. I didnā€™t even get to the step where Iā€™d press the learn button.

Iā€™ve had no problem pairing with my Tesla and Subaru. I called Rivian and added a compatibility software ticket.

I am not giving up, but Iā€™m tired of pressing the remote button.:headbang:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Curious how many owner were able to successfully pair their garage remote control with the vehicle?

I have a chamberlain garage door opener with a purple learn button and it would NOT pair with the vehicle.

I also have a gate with a simple LiftMaster control box that paired just fine.

So I am 50/50 in my house. Currently I am using my old simple clicker that actually works just fine.

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Super proud owner of a Silver R1T
I've been on a garage opener adventure for different reasons, but my R1T was able to pair with the following with just 1 issue.

- Chamberlain yellow button - 2x
- Craftsman red button
- Liftmaster by Chamberlain purple button - x3

I found the yellow buttons didn't need to learn at the opener. They're single step in learning the remote. The purple and red buttons are a 2 step process where it needs to first pair with the remote then with the opener via the learn button.

I also found that the battery strength of the clicker - or the clicker itself - also matters. I had issues with one of the doors which used the same lift master/purple button. The remote worked to operate the door but wouldn't pair. I swapped the remote out to the 2nd remote with a fresh battery and was immediately able to pair it. It may be sensitive to the battery strength or maybe the remote itself just wasn't as good anymore.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Curious how many owner were able to successfully pair their garage remote control with the vehicle?

I have a chamberlain garage door opener with a purple learn button and it would NOT pair with the vehicle.

I also have a gate with a simple LiftMaster control box that paired just fine.

So I am 50/50 in my house. Currently I am using my old simple clicker that actually works just fine.

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Super proud owner of a Silver R1T
I have the same Chamberlain opener with the purple learning button and it paired just fine, twice in one week. The first time was right after R1T delivery on first try. Then after a few days I realized that I did not erased the homelink programming on my traded in Ridgeline to RIVIAN on delivery. It bugged me for a few days afterward so I then decided to reset the opener to clear all saved programming from it. I had to reprogram all my buttons - first the 2 remotes, then the 4 vehicles (the R1T included) and the 2 key pads. The RIVIAN paired just fine with the Chamberlain opener. If you're still having trouble, it maybe good to try and reset the opener, then pair it with the remote first before using it to pair with the RIVIAN. After you hit the purple learn button, you need to hit the onscreen button (I forgot what it's called) several times to confirm the rolling code learning process. Good luck!

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
both garage doors are liftmaster operators and paired flawlessly with Rivian in first attempt. The Rivian garage button is easy to access - this feature is a success for me.

Sponsored

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
both garage doors are liftmaster operators and paired flawlessly with Rivian in first attempt. The Rivian garage button is easy to access - this feature is a success for me.
Now I feel really st0===0pid!

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I have an Overhead Door Legacy model, and based on a recommendation from a Reddit user, I bought a new garage remote.
The listing on Amazon states that it also works with Genie models. It may be worth a try!

I bought the three button design. From the description,
  • Works for GIT-3/ACSCTG Type3/ACSCTO Type3,replacement remote for IntelliCode Genie and Overhead Door garage door openers manufactured since 1997. (NOT work for remote with dip switches)
Garage Remote

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Cant' get the system to pair/work with a commercial liftmaster gate controller at the office. Really challenging because the dedicated remotes aren't powerful enough to reach the antenna. Have to get out of the car while people are waiting and walk up to the control box while pressing on the remote....used to be a breeze in the tesla (programmed without any issues, and the range was much better on the car's antenna) but it never pairs with the rivian (tried a few remotes and batteries). Anyone else having non-resolvable controller issues?

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Cant' get the system to pair/work with a commercial liftmaster gate controller at the office. Really challenging because the dedicated remotes aren't powerful enough to reach the antenna. Have to get out of the car while people are waiting and walk up to the control box while pressing on the remote....used to be a breeze in the tesla (programmed without any issues, and the range was much better on the car's antenna) but it never pairs with the rivian (tried a few remotes and batteries). Anyone else having non-resolvable controller issues?
Same here. Won't pair with commercial liftmaster gate. Neither did my Tesla FWIW.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I had a service call at home on Tuesday and we were able to finally get the truck to open my Genie Pro garage door opener. The solution was using a different remote. Even though both remotes operate the garage door opener, only one was able to pair with the truck. Why? Who knows? Could be worth trying for those having trouble.
Sponsored