Sponsored

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'd love to see some or all of this in R1.

It's just that this is going the same direction as "RJ/My Guide/My SC Tech/ My girlfriend's cat sitter's poop scooper said CarPlay is coming next month", or how the retooling RJ announced is now a refresh including NACS connector, XYZZY cell battery packs at 800 volts, Quad 1000 hp Enduro motors, almost infinite towing capacity and optional nuclear fueled ion propulsion power boost mode. When the next OTA comes out, we will be hearing complaints that the R2 displays RJ promised were coming to the R1 are missing.
Haha I agree. All we can do is wait and see. But in the meantime, enjoy our vehicles! Can't beat them!
Sponsored

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Haha I agree. All we can do is wait and see. But in the meantime, enjoy our vehicles! Can't beat them!
Why are you trying to be all positive? 🤣

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
That list seems like its only QOL improvements. I don't think driver plus would be the same software team.

What about new integrations with other providers? Apple Music, Prime music, video streaming services, etc, etc. Or maybe release a watch app.
The media integrations you mention I would expect with the infotainment update otherwise not much to change. That would then include charging for LTE access. Driver plus is a different team but improvements have been included in some monthly updates.
They have made huge strides in the little over two years and big ticket items are getting knocked out regularly.

mclark2112

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Finance
I just picked up my R1S today, and I'm pretty happy with the UI as compared to Tesla (my previous car). But this newer UI looks even better. I'm solidly in the Carplay/AA camp, but the inclusion of Apple Music and Podcasts really helped the Tesla experience. I'd love to see some more options for music in the Rivian, as I don't use Spotify. Audible would be awesome too!

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

I just picked up my R1S today, and I'm pretty happy with the UI as compared to Tesla (my previous car). But this newer UI looks even better. I'm solidly in the Carplay/AA camp, but the inclusion of Apple Music and Podcasts really helped the Tesla experience. I'd love to see some more options for music in the Rivian, as I don't use Spotify. Audible would be awesome too!
Welcome to the family. You're home!

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Moving audio controls to driver side is long overdue. That is a borderline safety issue to have to reach across and I have always wonder who signed off on the original layout.
Driver uses steering wheel controls to navigate music. Music display/controls on right side is for passenger.

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I wouldn't be counting chickens here, personally.

This is a demo vehicle and has demo software. There's no guarantee that this is on the roadmap for release (unless Rivian said otherwise?). Only time will tell, and we can hope some of the cool features are implemented. But I'd temper expectations if you're hoping these will show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all alpha software for R&D to see what can be done and some of this not show up ever.

It'd be like the Count expecting an odometer to pop up. Probably not going to happen anytime soon :D
Such a killjoy…..

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Such a killjoy…..
Sorry to disappoint!

Just being a realist.

But if your happiness is to hope for the best and belay disappointment, then go forth and believe in your dreams!! No one should stop you!! :D

(Happiness is generally dictated by the Equation: Happiness = Expectations - Reality Don't let that reality make your happiness negative ;)

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Sorry to disappoint!

Just being a realist.

But if your happiness is to hope for the best and belay disappointment, then go forth and believe in your dreams!! No one should stop you!! :D

(Happiness is generally dictated by the Equation: Happiness = Expectations - Reality Don't let that reality make your happiness negative ;)
I still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus too.

Sponsored

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus too.
Dude, that's not even a question!

I was just adding cautionary tales regarding the 'belief' in Rivian updates that give us 1- everything we want 2-in a timely manner! :CWL: