Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

RivianTrackr post on X

Alex from @AutoBuyersG got hands-on with the @Rivian R2. I grabbed some screengrabs from his video on beautiful future software update changes.

- New "floating island" with weather, time, and LTE/Wi-Fi status
- UI elements are much more "round"
- Reimagined Music screen with controls on the left side (closer to the driver)
- New Drive Modes screen with new toggle buttons for Ride, Regen, and Stability
- The charging screen now features a new charge graph similar to that one found on the latest Rivian mobile app

Very excited to see the direction Rivian and the software team are taking with software. We'll see all of these elements come to current R1 vehicles in the near future.

Rivian R1T R1S Future R1 Software Updates Preview (captured from R2) 1000384371
Rivian R1T R1S Future R1 Software Updates Preview (captured from R2) 1000384370
Rivian R1T R1S Future R1 Software Updates Preview (captured from R2) 1000384369
Rivian R1T R1S Future R1 Software Updates Preview (captured from R2) 1000384368
Sponsored

Sponsored

JWortman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 FG R1T w/ OC Interior
I like the music on the right personally, nav directions are more important than music. Maybe the ability to move it would be great.
Given that you can have the nav directions on the driver "gauge" screen if desired, I think having music on the right makes more sense in my mind. Although, TBH, it'd be nice if you could "fling" either the navigation or the music panels to the left or right as desired.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I wouldn't be counting chickens here, personally.

This is a demo vehicle and has demo software. There's no guarantee that this is on the roadmap for release (unless Rivian said otherwise?). Only time will tell, and we can hope some of the cool features are implemented. But I'd temper expectations if you're hoping these will show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all alpha software for R&D to see what can be done and some of this not show up ever.

It'd be like the Count expecting an odometer to pop up. Probably not going to happen anytime soon :D

bendrumin

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Acura RDX
Occupation
Salesforce Developer
Will we get the other UI updates to the smaller screen as well? Or is this an all in one UI update for the infotainment

Sponsored

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I like it a lot.

This is a demo vehicle and has demo software. There's no guarantee that this is on the roadmap for release (unless Rivian said otherwise?). Only time will tell, and we can hope some of the cool features are implemented. But I'd temper expectations if you're hoping these will show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all alpha software for R&D to see what can be done and some of this not show up ever.

It'd be like the Count expecting an odometer to pop up. Probably not going to happen anytime soon :D
I do recall this getting mentioned at the R2 reveal. It is a new layout they are rolling out with the R2, and will make its way into the R1 as well. There was no indication on timing for R1.

But I'd also be pretty confident that this is still alpha or beta stage software. It should be a good indication of what the final product will look like, but that's different from final.

Unless we're speculating that this will be part of the R1 refresh because they're changing a lot of the underlying wiring architecture anyways? (/s)

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
they could really improve the center screens usability by allowing it to be configured into multiple screens, the nav for me is at least double what size it needs to be, if it was just the middle 3rd, then the left 3rd could be drive modes, right 3rd music that would be a lot more usable

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I have a feeling us R1 folks won’t be seeing this until R2 comes out.

But whatever it takes to fine tune and update the UI will be worth the wait.

Also, having the music always up on the driving cluster will be nice so I can free up the main screen with whatever else.

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

RJ mentioned this will be coming to the R1 as well in an interview with MKBHD after the reveal of the R2. He didn't say if it'll be identical to this, but he said a lot of this will transfer to the R1. He didn't give us a timeframe, so it's a wait and see type of thing now.
Sponsored