First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Still don’t have mine, but hoping I’m close! I’m in 7/8 step purgatory…. Most recent update is my R1S is at an outside vendor attempting to correct PDI issues. I’m over 30 days since I’ve seen my actual vehicle at the delivery SC, however I still don’t have the “keys”

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Yeah, I feel your pain. I'm also a 2018 reservation waiting on delivery. But I agree with what others have said, R1S deliveries to non-employees really only started like 6 weeks ago.

There's a common consensus that they started deliveries with underbody shields. I have the most common configuration out there (LE El Cap with Black interior and 20's), but no word on delivery, and very likely due to not having the underbody shield.

It's been a much longer time coming than originally expected. But it does seem like they have some sort of process for building in batches, and I'm optimistic it's not 100% random.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have a reservation date of November 28, 2018. When I asked for an invitation into the R1 Shop, I was told in writing that I could not get one because I live too far from any Rivian Service Center. They also told me that the order date is trumped by proximity to a Service Center.

I guess that means that big city orders will always be filled before mine. At that rate I will never get a truck. It is disappointing when I see folks grabbing a truck from the R1 Shop who placed their reservation two and even three years after me.

Brian

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
If he's not LE R1s, he won't see it til first half of 2023.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What am I missing? How is a 2018 R1S order not LE?
Originally was a R1T Max then switched to R1S?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Early orders had access to select an LE, but they could also select Adventure or (at the time) Explore packages.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I have a reservation date of November 28, 2018. When I asked for an invitation into the R1 Shop, I was told in writing that I could not get one because I live too far from any Rivian Service Center. They also told me that the order date is trumped by proximity to a Service Center.

I guess that means that big city orders will always be filled before mine. At that rate I will never get a truck. It is disappointing when I see folks grabbing a truck from the R1 Shop who placed their reservation two and even three years after me.

Brian
I understand your frustration, but what can Rivian do to change things quickly?

The situation we have today for people who live, say, 2 hours from a service center, seems impractical from a cost perspective. That’s 4 hours out and back or half a work day just in travel to dispatch Rivian mobile service from a service center. If they need to bring a truck in for service then that’s a full 8-hour work day devoted to transporting a vehicle that they don’t have to spend on someone who lives within 30 minutes of their SC. We’ve seen people here complain that either they have to travel long distances to get to a Rivian SC if their truck is safe to drive or they are unhappy that they have to hand their vehicle over to an independent hauler. The independent who lowers transportation costs to Rivian isn’t as invested in protecting their truck, and Rivian’s reputation, as we‘d want.

I thought Rivian’s plan for trucks needing service far from a service center was to use third-party mobile service like Cox Automotive in the U.S. but that hasn’t happened yet as far as I know. It could be that is coming once some condition is met or that it wasn’t as practical to do that as originally thought.

It seems like delivering first to people close to an operational SC is the most rational strategy to contain costs and manage reputation. Even then, there are potential issues when those geographically desirable delivery owners take road trips far off the beaten path and something breaks. Given Rivian’s adventure vehicle marketing they can’t do much about this.

As a new manufacturer building out their new service organization, they probably never should’ve set the expectation that vehicles would be delivered in the order reservations were received.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

it is me also. i'm aug 2019 and I had a choice between LE, adventure or explorer.

Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Early orders had access to select an LE, but they could also select Adventure or (at the time) Explore packages.
Yeah...I had just assumed the selection for most would have been LE or Explore given the free wheel upgrade.

I guess OP could have selected Explore and was "upgraded" to Adventure when Explore went away.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

This is obviously not remotely close to all deliveries, but even from this sample, you can see LE's are pretty much the only thing going out right now.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I 2nd dat. I pre ordered in Feb 2019 and I always get a standard message saying we'll update by the end of summer every time I reach them for the delivery window. Several summers are gone and still waiting. Definitely seems they don't have process. Very frustrated but still hoping to get one.
My Config: R1T/Adventure Package/Large pack/Glacier White/Black Mountain
Understand your frustration, it's ridiculous they still haven't delivered yours or wouldn't even give you a window. I can understand they may have glitches in the process, but should have been addressed when an early reservation holder like you contacts them repeatedly. Hope you are not on their naughty list and you get your truck soon. 🤞

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Lol. This is such a dumb thread. I get that OP has been waiting a long time, but he could answer his own question very easily by just glancing at some of the other R1S threads going on to know they are only delivering LE and it is ridiculous silly to be that upset due to the fact they've only been delivering LE's for like 2 months. They haven't even hit 1000 VINs yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: