Sponsored

Front camera should come on when sensor is triggered?

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

My wife's ICE vehicle does this - when parking in a tight spot and the front sensor goes off, it starts to activate that camera so it helps with parking.

On the R1s, I hear the sensor gong off when parking in a tight spot, but the camera doesn't come on on the main screen. I manually select the camera option and then watch the front cameras if I need help when parking.

Should be a quick fix that can be handled through a software update I think.
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Honestly, unless they correct the fisheye through video processing, this feature would be useless. Go watch any of your Drive Cam recordings. Near misses look like they are a city block away.

OP
OP

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

I understanding the "recording" quality is poor... I am talking about just realtime video with front cameras.

So I put in reverse rear cameras come on

I'm suggesting that when front sensors go off that front camera real time feed shows up on screen to review/assist driver

Sagesq

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

My wife's ICE vehicle does this - when parking in a tight spot and the front sensor goes off, it starts to activate that camera so it helps with parking.

On the R1s, I hear the sensor gong off when parking in a tight spot, but the camera doesn't come on on the main screen. I manually select the camera option and then watch the front cameras if I need help when parking.

Should be a quick fix that can be handled through a software update I think.
I agree it should come on when parking automatically; I often turn it on myself when I am pulling in. Strange it's not set up to do it anyway.

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

I agree! Every other car I own with cameras works that way. Hopefully it’s on the “list” of things to be added in a future OTA. Seems like it would be very easy to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

I like how it does this today (partially) when you are in Reverse and it shows rear camera and then when you shif to drive it automatically switches to the front camera.... But yeah to turn on the front camera automatically when the front sensor goes off should be quite easy and must just be a miss....Hopefully we get this soon....will make parking in tight spaces easier and less worrisome

Ric G

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, BMW E30M3, Suzuki SJ410, Mercedes EQB300
Occupation
Self Employed
Our Garage is tight and as a work around I created a routine "When I arrive home in the Rivian", "Alexa turn on the camera". When I approach the garage I hear Alexa say "OK" and the front camera turns on. There should be detailed instructions in a previous post on the forum.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

For me, it's just a habit to switch to camera view on the infotainment screen as soon as I start to park anyway. Since having picked up the R1T, I've pretty much used the "drone view" for nearly all of my parking, anyway, so now it's just a reflex.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I personally don't want the camera view to automatically change on me while I'm driving. If want to change it, it's trivial to have Alexa do it for me hands free.

Guidelines in the front camera view would be useful though, as an option.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
It was in a beta OTA about a year ago.. so they were working on it. Problem at the time from my source was the false activations when making left turns. You slow down and enter a left turn pocket and the oncoming traffic would activate the front camera. In the end it didn't make to prime time.... yet. Hell, I saw some cool stuff on 24.15.00 and that has already been bypassed. They have been beta testing 24.19.00 for at least 2 weeks.
Sponsored