Ford F-150 Reveal

canuck870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Occupation
Engineer
Given there partnership with Ford, I'm hoping Rivian is looking to incorporate some great features:

A 30A 220V plug (part of PowerBoost), trailer backup overlay, tailgate workbench, self driving, 360 degree lighting.

I did not see these details in much of the press coverage, I had to watch the reveal video to see these enhancements.

Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I kind of wish you hadn’t posted that reveal video - 700 miles per tank with the new 3.5 Hybrid engine; wireless CarPlay; and free Sync 4 connectivity with OTA updates will just make it that much harder to wait on both the actual R1T and detailed info on its options and features.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Things are moving fast in the light duty truck space and, admittedly, the new F-150 has a lot of desirable features. But it also gives new comers to the game, like Rivian, a clearer target of what it should offer in its trucks. At the moment, "Be Adventurous Forever" doesn't really tell us much about Rivian options and features, except on- and off-road performance should be spectacular.

Of the recently announced Ford F-150 features, the ones I like the most were the fold flat front seats which in addition to a Tepui camping tent in the pickup bed means four folks could comfortably camp out, two in inside conditioned space and two out back, and the fold flat center console which makes working and eating in the cab a lot easier. And Rivian could beef-up its rear bed mounted power features, like Ford, offering 240v as well as 120.

The advantages of being a late comer and, more ideally, a fast follower is that Rivian still has time to incorporate features before the design is finalized and readied for production. Learning from others is a sign of maturity. Let's hope Rivian is growing up fast.

MattpR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63’ Chevy Corvair, 75’ CB400 four
Anyone else annoyed by the Fox NFL style graphics over a wannabe Apple Keynote? It’s over complicated and exhausting not exciting. Just tell us what you have in the pipeline Ford, oh and Denis Leary doesn’t make you cool.
Sponsored