Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning Range is 469 miles

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
V2H is more of a sway then range. Lightning becomes a super cheap powerwall that you can drive. Plus the lightning can be configure a fair amount cheaper then Rivian

Rivian size, 835 hp, suspension becomes the biggest selling point for the Rivian…. The lightning is just a modified ice f150 and likely like other modified for electric powertrains in vehicles in the past it won’t be as good of a drive as the rivian
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
G2H is more of a sway then range. Lightning becomes a super cheap powerwall that you can drive. Plus the lightning can be configure a fair amount cheaper then Rivian

Rivian size, 835 hp, suspension becomes the biggest selling point for the Rivian…. The lightning is just a modified ice f150 and likely like other modified for electric powertrains in vehicles in the past it won’t be as good of a drive as the rivian
Agree, Once RJ stated in the round table interview that the V2H charging was something they were wanting to do in the future, the horse power and they way the truck drives, way better than my current 15 F150 that was enough to cancel my Lightning preorder. I really do t need a work truck. Those mileage numbers are cool but we all know the reality of that feat… :)

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-lariat-live-photo-gallery/

Per article, while The Lightning range with the extended battery is 300 miles, this is with a 1000lbs payload in bed. Without the 1000lb payload is bed, the range apparently is 469 miles! If this is in fact true, would this sway anyone to the Lightning?
I think MKBHD talked about this in a video, basically said the same thing. And then it was proved wrong. I'm also of the side that if the Lightning had that much range, Ford would've said so. There's no way they'd hold back that much range from the public.
Sponsored