Sponsored

Folks in Sacramento/Bay Area....First Mile Drive In June and July

elgato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Hi all, this is for R1T, as of 905am PST today June 16. Check your account on Rivian.com

Rivian R1T R1S Folks in Sacramento/Bay Area....First Mile Drive In June and July 2022-06-16_09-09-30

Rivian R1T R1S Folks in Sacramento/Bay Area....First Mile Drive In June and July 2022-06-16_09-09-20
Sponsored

Last edited:

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

So, did anyone take their drive yet? Where did you drive? How many trucks were at the service center?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

So, did anyone take their drive yet? Where did you drive? How many trucks were at the service center?
Drive was short, just around the block. No highway. Just a few trucks at the center. Didn't get a chance to see all the colors. Truck was amazing but not much of a test drive.

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Thank you for your reply. I finally had my drive a couple of weeks ago. I should have reported back before this. They did let me go on I80 for one exit. Made me want more! The signup was for a one hour slot, but most was taken up by the walk-around. I think my total session time was about 40 minutes.

When I arrived, the big doors to the service center were open. I wished I had immediately walked over to look into the shop from the outside. The door was closed before I thought to do that.

There were close to 10 trucks there, with 4 different colors. I asked the test drive guy if they could give me a call if a Limestone truck came in, so I could take a look at it. He said they would, but I haven't heard anything.

Bottom line, it was a good experience. As one of my friends said, looks like I swallowed the hook.

Jayhox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS
Thank you for your reply. I finally had my drive a couple of weeks ago. I should have reported back before this. They did let me go on I80 for one exit. Made me want more! The signup was for a one hour slot, but most was taken up by the walk-around. I think my total session time was about 40 minutes.

When I arrived, the big doors to the service center were open. I wished I had immediately walked over to look into the shop from the outside. The door was closed before I thought to do that.

There were close to 10 trucks there, with 4 different colors. I asked the test drive guy if they could give me a call if a Limestone truck came in, so I could take a look at it. He said they would, but I haven't heard anything.

Bottom line, it was a good experience. As one of my friends said, looks like I swallowed the hook.
My vehicle is supposed to be arriving at the West Sac SC in the next 7-10 days according to the latest from my guide. Not sure how accurate that is, but the reason for my reply is I have the limestone coming in. Happy to show it to you if/when I get it. I live in Roseville.

Sponsored

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

That is very generous! I would love to have the opportunity to come and admire your new truck.

I don't see a way to give you my contact info without posting it in the clear. Is there a way to send you a PM?

r1tshivermetimbers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just checked today and saw first mile drives at West Sac on Sept 7 and every day from 20 to 24.

@Jayhox You got your truck? If you and @140 degrees do meet up, let me know. I'll drive mine over.

Jayhox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS
I just checked today and saw first mile drives at West Sac on Sept 7 and every day from 20 to 24.

@Jayhox You got your truck? If you and @140 degrees do meet up, let me know. I'll drive mine over.
Yes, had a few weeks now. Sounds good on the meetup, likewise if you see/hear of something put together let me know.

idea man

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E250 Bluetec, Sprinter, Passat, F-250, R1250 GSA
Occupation
Project Manager
We had our first mile drives about two months ago. It was frogging awesome.
we did the around the block thing and the one exit on the freeway and started heading back and I asked when her next appointment meant was and she said 17 minutes. So off we went, up the river on the levee road. It was very fun and we even found a place where the road had actual curves and everything.
We got to do enough things on the drive that it confirmed that this is the right truck/EV for us. AND we made it back with plenty of time (3min) for her next appointment

Good things to say about our experience.
Sponsored