Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

We pre ordered the launch S, a few months later discovered 7 seats only, no way to take out the third row for more space , as we wanted more space and did not need 7 pax capacity, so we swapped to the T, meaning earlier delivery
This week we saw the video showing flat seat fold and amble space that would fit out bicycles, so we are thinking of going back to the S
Anyone know what the rear would look like with the 5 seater?
Thanks
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Nobody knows yet. Should be fairly similar but possibly a little more cargo width in the 3rd row area, and possibly some additional storage where the 3rd row footwell would be.

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Nobody knows yet. Should be fairly similar but possibly a little more cargo width in the 3rd row area, and possibly some additional storage where the 3rd row footwell would be.
thanks!
gonna go back to the S
we've had a dozen vans and a dozen wagons, never a pick up, and it;s too late to start now

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
thanks!
gonna go back to the S
we've had a dozen vans and a dozen wagons, never a pick up, and it;s too late to start now
But it's still not too late to change your mind again! :)

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

But it's still not too late to change your mind again! :)
correctamundo, will do thanks
what's another couple months
besides, if the bike biz goes more bust, we can start a bus service

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
We pre ordered the launch S, a few months later discovered 7 seats only, no way to take out the third row for more space , as we wanted more space and did not need 7 pax capacity, so we swapped to the T, meaning earlier delivery
This week we saw the video showing flat seat fold and amble space that would fit out bicycles, so we are thinking of going back to the S
Thanks
How much height do you need for your Bicycle. These are the specs I got form CS

• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm. (33.6 inches)
• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm. (36.4 inches)

7 seater looks like it is almost identical to my Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have to remove the seat to stand the bike up with the front tire removed when I put the bikes in the back.

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

that is very useful information
so looks like when they added the last row that needed more height the second row paid the three inch penalty to keep things even
too bad, if we ran the show since third roe's the place for smaller folk and kids we woulda shoulda coulda made the seats more compact
so we are still first wave adopters, any idea when the 5 pax will be available to us?]Thinking we might get the pick up just to scratch the itch and wait for a 5 seat S
any change they will put early adopters near the front of the line for a second buggy?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
that is very useful information
so looks like when they added the last row that needed more height the second row paid the three inch penalty to keep things even
too bad, if we ran the show since third roe's the place for smaller folk and kids we woulda shoulda coulda made the seats more compact
so we are still first wave adopters, any idea when the 5 pax will be available to us?]Thinking we might get the pick up just to scratch the itch and wait for a 5 seat S
any change they will put early adopters near the front of the line for a second buggy?
They have announced the 5 or 7 seat configuration will start in January. You can actually configure that now on the web site.

The other battery configurations are still up in the air and might not be until mid 2022 for the R1S

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
The frunk and gear tunnel make the T the choice for me. In current pickups, you load 3 friends in the truck with you and you have no locked up weatherproof storage space. you could use a good tonneau that locks to alleviate theft and weather issues but then you cant put large items in the bed. With the R1S you have great interior storage, but I cant/wont put my muddy mountain bikes, bags of mulch/topsoil, can of gas (for the mower) in my SUV. The combination of bed, gear tunnel, and frunk provide me with the best of both. YMMV based on your use case.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
correctamundo, will do thanks
what's another couple months
besides, if the bike biz goes more bust, we can start a bus service
Hey! I think I bought a Raleigh Competition GS from you back in the early 80's when you had your first bike shop.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Hey! I think I bought a Raleigh Competition GS from you back in the early 80's when you had your first bike shop.
Still have that place!

I overlooked the Frunk
looks like the place for the front wheels and noisy kids
Bend. OR???

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
How much height do you need for your Bicycle. These are the specs I got form CS

• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm. (33.6 inches)
• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm. (36.4 inches)

7 seater looks like it is almost identical to my Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have to remove the seat to stand the bike up with the front tire removed when I put the bikes in the back.
It could accommodate my MTB with the dropper down but not enough height for my road bikes which I currently place upright in my van. I was hoping to place them in the bed of the R1T until they removed the quick connects. : (

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Still have that place!

I overlooked the Frunk
looks like the place for the front wheels and noisy kids
Bend. OR???
Larry - We moved from DMV to Silicon Valley in '97. Retired and moved to Bend, OR in '14. Still riding - mainly gravel, followed by road, with MTB languishing a distant 3rd. - Steve
Sponsored