Finally…preparing to purchase!

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
Hello, everyone! After threatening to “pull the trigger” on my reservation and multiple questions on the forum, I finally found my number 2 choice in Glacier+Forest Edge (Double Forest being first), on the Shop earlier this week. The week has been busy so still pending tasks on my end. Besides, I had more questions.

Right after placing the order, I could see my VIN and Guide info. Although, no response from the guide for my texts in 2 days.

Since I have questions on several different things, I’ll split them out but will ask a couple on this post:

1. what kind “discounts” or “offers” have recent folks gotten when leasing? Am going for a Dual Motor but it has 22” wheels - which I don’t care for so don’t want to pay. Have they swapped them out or adjusted price to push it out? Anything else?

2. I’m in no hurry to get it at once but knowing a reasonable timeline should be good. Sounds like 30 days once I finish my tasks is good enough?

3. Is there a point in time where I can see full details of the lease and decide “no, I want to finance instead”?

4. what happens to my original reservation $1000 (post price hike) ? Because I have 2, am I allowed to have a free change of heart for this Shop order?

Edit: other question threads

Insurance question: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/follow-up-preparing-to-purchase-rivian-insurance.25723/

Charger https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/follow-up-preparing-to-purchase-home-charger.25724/

Misc https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/follow-up-preparing-to-purchase-misc-questions.25725/
Sponsored

Last edited:

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
Hello, everyone! After threatening to “pull the trigger” on my reservation and multiple questions on the forum, I finally found my number 2 choice in Glacier+Forest Edge (Double Forest being first), on the Shop earlier this week. The week has been busy so still pending tasks on my end. Besides, I had more questions.

Right after placing the order, I could see my VIN and Guide info. Although, no response from the guide for my texts in 2 days.

Since I have questions on several different things, I’ll split them out but will ask a couple on this post:

1. what kind “discounts” or “offers” have recent folks gotten when leasing? Am going for a Dual Motor but it has 22” wheels - which I don’t care for so don’t want to pay. Have they swapped them out or adjusted price to push it out? Anything else?

I think quad is cheaper right

2. I’m in no hurry to get it at once but knowing a reasonable timeline should be good. Sounds like 30 days once I finish my tasks is good enough?

Should be within the allotted time, if your close to the factory it can be way faster

3. Is there a point in time where I can see full details of the lease and decide “no, I want to finance instead”?

No. You get the agreement for the lease a day or two before delivery, unless your guide can pull strings. “My experience”

4. what happens to my original reservation $1000 (post price hike) ? Because I have 2, am I allowed to have a free change of heart for this Shop order?

I think they discount you in some fashion

CANCERDOC

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S PDM
Right now for vehicles from the shop they may offer one free upgrade credit. However since you already committed to buy, not sure if they will honor that arrangement. Most have negotiated the discount prior to having the vehicle assigned to their account. But it is best to ask your guide.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE , R1T
Right now for vehicles from the shop they may offer one free upgrade credit. However since you already committed to buy, not sure if they will honor that arrangement. Most have negotiated the discount prior to having the vehicle assigned to their account. But it is best to ask your guide.
I got my discount after I put in the reservation and completing most of the purchase steps. They applied it retroactively prior to me making the payment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
They'll discount one of your premium upgrades - either paint, interior or the wheels. For me it was the paint upgrade.
I was told they can't do that. at what point was this done for you? This is my guide saying so but I wonder if I should just submit for an offer and see if they come back with a reduced price..thoughts?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE , R1T
I was told they can't do that. at what point was this done for you? This is my guide saying so but I wonder if I should just submit for an offer and see if they come back with a reduced price..thoughts?
My VIN was assigned as soon as I put in a reservation and the 8 step process was opened up for me online. I completed all the steps (including credit approval for lease) except add insurance and make the first payment. I waited for the guide to call me and thats when I brought up the topic about discounting a premium upgrade. He agreed about that promotion and said he'll discount the paint upgrade for me. He also scheduled a delivery date for me while on the call. It took another day for the discount to reflect on my account upon which I made the ACH payment and also added insurance details.

I am not sure why your guide is not agreeing to the free upgrade. Could it be that you are taking delivery after Mar 31st?

OP
OP

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I am not sure why your guide is not agreeing to the free upgrade. Could it be that you are taking delivery after Mar 31st?
I guess that's what it is. Now I gotta wait till next quarter end? :CWL:
Sponsored