Sponsored

Feature request: AI detects parking lot, then enable right steering wheel button to switch to main camera view

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I know this is silly, I just quickly come to a stop, and then throw it in reverse and back into drive.
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Y’all we got another person who doesn’t use the cameras. They’re better than everyone. BEHOLD PARKING THE PERFECTION ✨💪🏻
This may be the modern equivalent of people bashing those with automatic transmissions as not being capable drivers back in the day.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While I enjoy driving a sporty car with a good manual transmission and clutch, it never occurred to me that I had any kind of moral superiority as a result. If anything, I figured people wondered what was wrong with me that I specifically chose the less convenient option.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm still waiting for texting....

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

But only if it's from the passengers. If it's mine, I want the windows and doors to automatically lock :D
Looks like we may need ML for determining if it’s yours, in which case a lot of training data will be needed.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
How about Rivian use better cameras instead of the crappy ones they picked that already seem like they're 5 years old.

Sponsored

ozziegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Quad, 15 Macan Turbo, 94 MR2 Turbo
Camera view should come on automatically at low speed if a proximity sensor goes off. The problem with switching to camera mode manually is that it remains in camera mode next time you drive the vehicle.

DoctaX

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Dentist
I’d love to have this feature to be able to quickly switch to the camera view via steering wheel, rather than taking hand off wheel and trying to touch the right part of the main screen to enable camera view.

Seems it would be fairly straightforward?

Or, maybe even just a quick double tap of the right steering wheel button, when at low speeds, turns on camera view. No AI needed.
Amen!!! from your mouth to Rivian's computer engineers!

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
i use cameras all the time. life saver... better safe than sorry. this is my first truck... so no shame in accepting that it takes bit more work to park than my suv.
and i don't understand snarky comments. we are discussing a potential feature here not bashing rivian. we are asking for a feature which will help lot of people.
and this is a feature which lot of cars have been doing for years. so it is not that we are asking for something egregious
😎👍🏼
Sponsored