F150 Lightning Reservations Reach 120K!

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care

Ford is about 7-9 months from production, not 18 months. IMO Ford will hit high volume production right out of the gate.

I reserved a Lightning 6/15/21 and should be able to configure and purchase one this fall. Well ahead of being able to do the same for a R1T Max (3/20/21 Reservation). My expectation is that a Rivian guide will not reach out to me until summer 2023. I may purchase a Lightning to bridge the gap.
With plants being forced to halt production due to supply constraints, what makes you think Ford will be immune to this? Covid is starting to rage across the the world once again. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see shutdowns again
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
With plants being forced to halt production due to supply constraints, what makes you think Ford will be immune to this? Covid is starting to rage across the the world once again. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see shutdowns again
Ford is actually the hardest hit with the most vehicles affected.
They are actually shipping incomplete vehicles (mostly F150s) to dealers and will pay the dealers service department to finish the build when they get the parts. They are waiving the normal flooring charges for dealers willing to do this. They ran out of space to store the incomplete vehicles and are scrambling.
Ford has stated that they will lose 1.1 million production units this year. How much priority they give to bringing the Lightning production up to speed vs filling pent up demand for the ICE F150 (likely easier to execute and more profitable) remains to be seen - but some degree of delay seems inevitable.

While it is true that the established auto makers have less to do to bring a new vehicle up to production (using existing infotainment systems, etc), the supply chain shortages are not expected to return to close to "normal" for about a year.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I don’t think Ford or any manufacturer is immune. Covid induced delays apply to all. Therefore Ford will be first to volume production because it is a high volume car manufacturer. Not because they won’t be affected by Covid.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Ford will sell every 150 Lightning they make, as soon as it hits the dealers. Just look at the Mach E, there are many orders cancelled, but the cancelled ones are bought within a day or 2 of seeing the dealer lot. There will be much more interest in an electric pickup than the Mach E, and the Mach E is now the second best selling EV in the US.
Which makes one wonder just how popular the 2-door EV sports coupe of the Mustang will be when it releases in 2028 (supposedly).

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I currently have an F150 and a reservation for both the R1T and Lightning. I'm @ 190k on my F150 and will most likely go with the first option available. There are things in the R1T I prefer and things I prefer more in the F150. I'm pretty split between which to chose because of these things. I do like that the Rivian has so much off-road testing all over the Americas and I think it will perform better in the beginning for that purpose than the F150 will.

Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
We're getting both. Love both for similar and different reasons. One will be the "fun" pickup, other will be the farm pickup. Our son has an early pre-order for Cyber T, so we'll "eventually" get to compare all three. By then, GM will probably have their pickup announced too.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I hold R1T L.E. reservation (but mid-2020) and very early F-150-L within few minutes of site opening. As said already, each offers appealing features. Pretty sure my money goes to the first maker that emails me about order confirmation and delivery timing.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Pretty sure my money goes to the first maker that emails me about order confirmation and delivery timing.
I wouldn't cancel either one until the vehicle actually shows up. Recently, many people have gotten a confirmed delivery date from automakers (EV and ICE) that has slid considerably from the original promised date.
An email is great, but you can't drive it around :)
Sponsored