First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Doesn't Sirius have a phone app? if so couldn't you stream that through the bluetooth to the entertainment system?

While it is cool it has Spotify integration, my stream from the phone might be preferred.
Cool it has Spotify...but my playlists are in YouTube Music...
Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
not having Sirius xm and apple CarPlay is not a deal breaker for me but IS a very serious disappointment. As people have said, streaming apple Music from phone over Bluetooth is far more cumbersome than native carplay application not to mention loss of all those useful apps I prefer over the Rivian interface.. streaming Sirius xm over app via bluetooth is so cumbersome compared to native infotainment implementation it becomes too cumbersome to enjoy in my opinion. I get that people don’t like Sirius xm but I like the variety of channels and the quick way I can go back and forth between favorite channels when it is implemented directly into system on car. i Will probably implement and use Spotify but it is still disappointing and I like to choose my infotainment and don’t like being forced down the Spotify path and only Bluetooth over phone as an alternative.

I feel like rivian Is a decade behind here on infotainment choices. To me it is about having ALL these choices available that distinguishes a good infotainment system in a car from a mediocre one. I think right now the Rivian infotainment system other than big beautiful landscape screen is mediocre but acceptable to me. I hope they reconsider and will be delighted if they add these choices later. i think you need a satellite antenna built in for Sirius xm so don’t know how they will fix that.
Android auto is close to a deal breaker. It’s such an easy and intuitive way to have the best mapping available with the best voice assistant.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
You could use a service like Soundiiz. No personal experience with it or other playlist transfer services, but they do exist.
I started using Soundiiz this past weekend and it worked great for me going from Pandora and Tidal to Spotify. They support a very wide range of music services and it looks like the can even sync with personal musical collections from a Plex server. You need a paid plan to do anything useful but you can subscribe for a single month if you just need to migrate services. If you want to keep multiple services in sync over time you would need to maintain the subscription.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
I started using Soundiiz this past weekend and it worked great for me going from Pandora and Tidal to Spotify. They support a very wide range of music services and it looks like the can even sync with personal musical collections from a Plex server. You need a paid plan to do anything useful but you can subscribe for a single month if you just need to migrate services. If you want to keep multiple services in sync over time you would need to maintain the subscription.
we shouldn’t have to go through hoops just to finagle the system to allow us to use the music services we want. It should give us these choices natively is my opinion. And I will buy the Rivian and go through those hoops. It does reinforce My opinion that their system is mediocre compared to infotainment systems that allow you to make choices from apps embedded natively in the infotainment system.
Sponsored