Sponsored

Driver+ Upgrade to EAP/Supercruise/BlueCruise?

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I have been searching the interwebs and the forum for any information on whether Rivian plans to bring Driver+ up to the level of automation that Tesla EAP/ GM Supercruise/ Ford BlueCruise etc. have on the highway? (Automatic lane changes, automatic freeway interchanges on mapped highways, etc.). I saw that they pulled the interior camera and killed the hands free plan on the software roadmap, but have we heard anything about the rest? I sold my R1S and am thinking about coming back to Rivian in an R1T DM which would be a better fit for my use case, but I just cannot do it unless I am confident the Driver+ is on track to get up to snuff with rest of industry. (The most recent auto-resume update is fine, but hardly automatic lane changing.). Any guidance would be welcome.
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I don't think anyone knows for sure what the plan is at this point. There has been discussion about Rivian creating a subscription service to autonomous features at some point but nothing more specific and no timeline.

Rivian has dramatically improved Driver+ recently and has added auto resume after lane change. This makes it much more usable on highway where frequent lane changing is needed.

The driver facing camera removal is disappointing, more so to me because I would have liked the ability to see inside the cabin with gear guard in a future update.

Rivian uses a capacitive wheel so you don't need to tug on it for the vehicle to know you have your hands on the wheel though it will ask you to do so very occasionally on longer drives.

I am perfectly fine with Driver+ and this is coming from someone who previously owned two Tesla with FSD. It's not as advanced as what Tesla is doing but it's darn good and it's included at no extra charge.