Sponsored

Dont get too happy just yet, Tesla SCs are designed for Teslas.

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
Rivian Charging Etiquette

It will be a long time before I’m a Rivian owner because my wife insists on getting the tax credit and it looks like the only R1T configuration that will come in below the $80k limit is the dual-motor, standard pack. Unfortunately, the standard pack is not coming out until sometime next year. By the way, we’re okay with the standard pack because the R1T will only be used around town & I will be home charging probably 95% of the time.

All that being said, at some point we will need to use the Tesla SC network and this is the first thing I intend to do at every SC station before plugging in. If the furthest right hand stall is open AND there is room to park to the right of it, then I will use that stall instead of taking up 2 stalls to charge. It’s a no-brainer win-win for me and everyone else regardless of the EV brand they drive.

To say it a different way, taking up 2 stalls will ALWAYS be my LAST CHOICE. It’s that simple.

This is how I intend to demonstrate etiquette, while being respectful at the same time. I hope you folks will consider doing the same.
I salute your good attitude. This is how it should be.
Sponsored

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

i hope youre right but thats a huge, huge cost for Tesla. maybe they are making those who want access to the SC stations to help pay for the retrofits. lets see what happens.
Don't worry they'll probably just charge non-tesla EV's an extra 40% for charging to offset any costs.

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

That’s simply an idiotic statement to make.

If I was taking up 2 stalls and the one at end opened up & parking to the right was available, then I’d move even though it would be a little ‘inconvenient’. I’m sure the Tesla owners would appreciate that.

Heck, I was at REI a while ago where they have 2 free chargers out front. Both stalls were taken, one by a Tesla MYP, and the owner had his door open. Another EV stopped & told the Tesla driver he was almost completely out of charge & couldn’t get home. The Tesla guy said he’s got enough and gave the other guy his spot, when he could have easily said too bad so sad. Wait your turn. I’ll be done in 30 minutes or something like that. But he didn’t.

We just need to cooperate instead of alienate.
I've moved before as soon as I crossed the charge % I needed and should be seen as the rule not the exception. I've been blocked from chargers half a dozen times by ICE but never by an EV that didn't also need it. I feel like most EV owners I've ever run in to are infinitely more considerate than the average American. As EVs get more commonplace that will probably dilute down unfortunately.
Sponsored