yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
For back seat solutions, the kurgo hammocks are really nice. I prefer a hammock over something like the foam seat extender because you can still use the footwell for storage. Backpack, hiking boots, water bottles, cooler, snacks/picnic supplies, rain coat, towels, extra layers, etc. fit perfectly under the hammock in my Q5 and they're pretty easy to get to.
My exp with the (orvis) hammock was so-so. Used one with our black lab in both an SUV and a wagon. My problem was not the part on the seat but rather the part that hovered over the empty space behind the seat / over the floorboards. It was very unstable for our 90-lb dog to walk on it.

The foam extender takes up storage space but it basically doubles the useable surface for the dogs. They can really get up and really move around back there. I can also put water on there and still have room for lounging dogs. Plus, we have a lot of storage in the back of the wagon and the Thule box on top...
Sponsored

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Lots of good after market ideas on here to consider, thank you. I have been thinking about our two dogs (approx 50lbs each) in the R1S as well. Does anyone know what the floor dimensions are behind the third seat and if there is good air ventilation in the back? Would love to see Rivian offer a clean fit and simple pet barrier for both 3rd row and 2nd row (third row down). And even more important is remote start to cool it down before we get off the hiking trail.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Lots of good after market ideas on here to consider, thank you. I have been thinking about our two dogs (approx 50lbs each) in the R1S as well. Does anyone know what the floor dimensions are behind the third seat and if there is good air ventilation in the back? Would love to see Rivian offer a clean fit and simple pet barrier for both 3rd row and 2nd row (third row down). And even more important is remote start to cool it down before we get off the hiking trail.
I have a cargo area liner from this company In my car: https://www.canvasback.com/

it’s been in place for 4 years with no signs of wear. Dogs, bikes, car parts, firewood, mulch when I’m too lazy to get the truck out ?

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I have a cargo area liner from this company In my car: https://www.canvasback.com/

it’s been in place for 4 years with no signs of wear. Dogs, bikes, car parts, firewood, mulch when I’m too lazy to get the truck out ?
I've had 2 cargo area lines by these folks and have loved every one of them (1 for my Durango and later my Jeep GC, and a different one for the Tesla X). They are super durable and easy to install/use.

I use that on top of a WeatherTech cargo area mat and it keeps the back of the vehicle looking pretty spot free. Dog hair still get's all over the place the moment you open a window though. :p

As for the truck, my dog much prefers driving around in our truck, as he can stick his head out the door and smell alllllllll of the smells, which he cannot do in the back of our Tesla.

Sponsored

pcrampton

First Name
Perrine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Manager
Perhaps an air circulation system for the tunnel? Just kidding
I’d like to have boosted AC for the 3rd row seats of my R1S. I travel with my dogs in crates in the way back and it helps to have boosted AC for their comfort.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
If Rivian's aged in dog years , it'll be 28 years from order to delivery for many.