Sponsored

Do you charge the R1T every night?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If it’s in the garage of the parking facility you are paying for assigned spot, it’s probably not “public” in that sense.
It's not your private garage, though. It's a shared/public charger. Unless the garage assigns spots and you can reserve/purchase a charging spot for 10 days... Then that's awesome... But I haven't heard of that, before.
Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It's not your private garage, though. It's a shared/public charger. Unless the garage assigns spots and you can reserve/purchase a charging spot for 10 days... Then that's awesome... But I haven't heard of that, before.
Ah, a number of long-term parking companies in this area offer this exact product/service for a fee. More expensive than a regular assigned spot without a charger but I will probably have to pay for a charger spot if I ever leave my vehicle for more than a few days because of my fear of the vampire drain.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Ah, a number of long-term parking companies in this area offer this exact product/service for a fee. More expensive than a regular assigned spot without a charger but I will probably have to pay for a charger spot if I ever leave my vehicle for more than a few days because of my fear of the vampire drain.
That’s an excellent service. How much does it cost?

if it’s just a parking garage that happens to have a few EVSEs then I’d say it isn’t right to block them for days.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
That’s an excellent service. How much does it cost?

if it’s just a parking garage that happens to have a few EVSEs then I’d say it isn’t right to block them for days.
I’m not sure. I used on of the companies near the Austin airport when we went to Caymans for a couple weeks back in May and ended up with a regular assigned spot right next to one of the EV spots but we took my wife’s ICE vehicle so I didn’t look into it very closely. I’m not sure if it’s a flat rate or if you pay by the energy consumption in addition to the regular covered parking rate.

I’m not sure how anyone would expect people be able to unplug their vehicle when done charging in long term parking unless the lot attendants are doing it.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

No. It would be rude to occupy a public charger for 10 days.
It is a long term parking garage, but noted. I was more wondering from a battery health perspective if it's better to be left to sit unplugged for 10 days or plugged in to L2 charging.
Sponsored