Do not queue yourself at South SF Service Center

lgyee4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Carrera, WR250, RZ500, RZ350
Clubs

My SSF experience so far:
Picked my truck June 29, and upon initial inspection, it needed items worked on ASAP (accesses, and functionality items) os they scheduled me in at their first opening, October 4. (14 weeks!)
As of this moment, it's still there with a promise of this evening or tomorrow morning.
The most frustrating thing is while the truck was their, I'd open my Rivian app and look at it's location, and virtually 95% of the time, it just sat outside in their parking lot.
Communications has been nonexistent with calls to me, nor the Service Phone center (national phone line) to their SSF center, internally, when I tried to get information.
LAME
Sponsored

Mrfeb14th

First Name
Gerren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2021 Model Y
I took my truck on on 10/24/23 for creaking/clickg sounds at low speed. I guess they are replacing half shafts. When i signed in they said expected completion was under a week and sent me off to enterprise for a rental. Well today is day 8 so i suspect I'll be there for weeks as others have mentioned since my truck hasn't moved either according to the app so we will see. i got an Audi Q5 as a loaner, not bad but rather have an EV (they didn't have any when i picked up the rental). Enterprise told me the PO for my rental expires this Friday 11/3/23 so I guess I should call the SC to get that extended.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Also at El Segundo! Goodness hopefully weā€™ll have our trucks back soon. Maybe Iā€™m missing something here, but I really donā€™t get them wanting us to bring our cars in when they donā€™t have the bandwidth for it.

isnā€™t it way more trouble/expense to give us a rental for a month+?
They gave me a loaner šŸ˜Ž

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I got a stinky Wagoneer. No, really, it literally smells bad.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Whoa! Mineā€™s finally inside the SC! They switched it to conserve mode and 3 doors are open. Maybe Iā€™ll get it back this week! šŸ¤ž

KCFGFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Configured)
My R1S died and had to be towed to South SF as an "emergency" event. It's now been sitting there for a week, untouched. After multiple calls where I was told I would get call-backs that never materialized, I finally pushed my way through to somebody at the SC. He said they were backed up to the tune of 2 to 3 weeks, but would get to it "as soon as possible", and in the meantime look for a loaner as we were planning a road-trip around Thanksgiving.

It's a new company, with brand new vehicles, so quality issues were to be expected. And a year in (on the R1S), it is no surprise that a lot of infant mortality issues are cropping up. Let's hope they can continue to open and staff more SC (eg the one on Fell St in SF is still in progress), while improving QC, before they hit the "death cross".
You had an unexpected emergency event 8 months into ownership? What happened?
That's my worst fear right now which is road tripping with the kids and having my car fail.

Mrfeb14th

First Name
Gerren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2021 Model Y
I took my truck on on 10/24/23 for creaking/clickg sounds at low speed. I guess they are replacing half shafts. When i signed in they said expected completion was under a week and sent me off to enterprise for a rental. Well today is day 8 so i suspect I'll be there for weeks as others have mentioned since my truck hasn't moved either according to the app so we will see. i got an Audi Q5 as a loaner, not bad but rather have an EV (they didn't have any when i picked up the rental). Enterprise told me the PO for my rental expires this Friday 11/3/23 so I guess I should call the SC to get that extended.
Got an update this morning, that mine is in delay. it will be next week (11/8/23) at the earliest so two weeks from drop off.. she cautioned me that it could be as much as 3 weeks due to current backlog they have at service. I remember going through this with TESLA about 6 or 7 years ago but that time i just had to wait a month or two for an appointment and was in and out in a day... not wait 2 months for the appointment then 3 weeks for repair after drop off. Fingers Crossed it will be done next week.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Yup, after 8 months - Pull over immediately, about to lose power. Motor warning, AWD warning. They haven't touched the car yet, so no diagnostics run. I'm guessing inverter or one of the four Bosch motors is on the verge of failing. We will see (eventually...)
L
You had an unexpected emergency event 8 months into ownership? What happened?
That's my worst fear right now which is road tripping with the kids and having my car fail.

KCFGFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Configured)
Got an update this morning, that mine is in delay. it will be next week (11/8/23) at the earliest so two weeks from drop off.. she cautioned me that it could be as much as 3 weeks due to current backlog they have at service. I remember going through this with TESLA about 6 or 7 years ago but that time i just had to wait a month or two for an appointment and was in and out in a day... not wait 2 months for the appointment then 3 weeks for repair after drop off. Fingers Crossed it will be done next week.
Seems to me like poor management. Why have the customer drop off the car for 2-3 weeks in advance without even touching it? Sure, the backlog pushes appointments out a few weeks to a month, but customer satisfaction would surely increase if they didn't need you to drop it off so early. Seems like a lot of people are saying their vehicles aren't touched for 2 weeks, then after SC gets their hands on them they're out in a few days?

Yup, after 8 months - Pull over immediately, about to lose power. Motor warning, AWD warning. They haven't touched the car yet, so no diagnostics run. I'm guessing inverter or one of the four Bosch motors is on the verge of failing. We will see (eventually...)
L
Sorry to hear that, glad you guys are all ok. Hopefully after they fix or replace whatever failed it won't happen again.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Two weeks of sitting in the blazing sun. Donā€™t they say you void warranty if you your truck isnā€™t always plugged in?
Rivian R1T R1S Do not queue yourself at South SF Service Center IMG_1928

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Two weeks of sitting in the blazing sun. Donā€™t they say you void warranty if you your truck isnā€™t always plugged in?
Hopefully they get to yours soon! Although they moved mine inside this morning, itā€™s been in a sleep state since then. So, who knows if they even did anything with it. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I've swapped out my wipers for PIAA silicones months ago. No problems.

Half shaft recall affect many early models. Surprised you haven't gotten notified / fixed yet.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I've swapped out my wipers for PIAA silicones months ago. No problems.

Half shaft recall affect many early models. Surprised you haven't gotten notified / fixed yet.
Have you had the half shaft recall performed and how is it holding up?

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The tech told me that there was some play on the ends of the shafts and rust would collect there, causing that clicking noise as you slow down or accelerate at slow speeds. They added a washer to the end of the shaft to reduce the gap and the noises have gone away.

All good. When you schedule an appointment, make sure you ask for the current service duration. They may hold it for weeks for work that just takes a few hours or a day.
Sponsored