Sponsored

Difference Between Launch Edition and Adventure Package?

nitsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Be aware… they can also be older 22 builds. They don’t say, so you need to ask your guide to check the vin. Myself and many others have gotten 22’s from the shop and they seem to be harder to get out of once you snag it.
This is my exact concern. I obtained the Shop access last week and I have been noticing Launch Editions pretty much every day but my fear of obtaining an older model is what is preventing me from proceeding.

Is there any way that we can opt out at a later time if we know that it's an older build?
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I have AE can you show what bage looks like; I don't see anything on my dash to depict my AE.
Far right in the middle of the dash is a label that says "Adventurous Forever". LEs say "Launch Edition".

EV4sure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC300, Tesla Model 3
I have an Adventure Edition R1S on preorder since 1/2022 with base everything (LA Silver, 21" road). Got shop access last week and saw a Launch Edition in Launch Green with free 22" wheel upgrades so basically free color and free wheels! I was worried it was a 2022 but said screw it and ordered it. Turned out to be a 2023 with a very recent VIN (22xxx).

Regarding trying to opt out, it seems YMMV. There's multiple reports of people on here easily getting out of it and other reports of the Guide giving them a hard time.

BMWRiv18

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
White R1S Black 22's
They recently changed the pop up notifications once you pick and confirm a shop car. Legally, they said I agreed so I’m stuck with it. But I spoke with a more senior person and after a few days of talking they agreed to let me out of it.
At this point, I think I’m just going to wait for a 24 sometime in January.
Good luck!

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Mine from shop is LE, June 2023 build, 25xxx vin. So yeah it's by far the best value if you can find one in the shop with free upgraded wheels (but not "AT Package" or you will be charged for that), and free Forrest Edge interior.
You got Forest Edge for free? I thought only Black Mountain and Ocean Coast were free for Launch Editions.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Black and white interiors were free to pre 3/1/22 orders like my original order. Forest Edge was free to Launch Edition orders. So when I found this LE in the shop it included FE free, yes. Along with the 20" wheels. Note that I did have to pay more for reinforced underbody, though. 2000 instead of 1700 from my original order. Overall an amazing value.

Rivian R1T R1S Difference Between Launch Edition and Adventure Package? 1000035819

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Be aware… they can also be older 22 builds. They don’t say, so you need to ask your guide to check the vin. Myself and many others have gotten 22’s from the shop and they seem to be harder to get out of once you snag it.
I think if they are LE without a powered tonneau, the chance of them being a 22 isn't very likely, but the opposite is true. If they have the cover, it's very likely to be a 22.
Sponsored