Sponsored

Did you cancel your Lightning reservation?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Ford is hurting bad from the chip shortage right now. I doubt they'll hit their 1000 Lightning a week goal unless they already set enough chips aside for this model year. I'm still expecting to get my Lightning this summer, but wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back.
I wouldn't be shocked if Ford/GM are prioritizing chips for their newer EV's over ICE, given their EVs are their latest/greatest products, and might get some media interest. And the EVs seem to have higher MSRPs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Canceled MME and Lightning. Bought EV6 GT-Line and reserved a Silverado EV.

The EV6 will tide us over until our R1T is finally delivered. We are expecting the estimated delivery to slip 6 months or more.

The Silverado is backup just in case Rivian’s production issues continue long term.
I am of a similar mindset. Will soon be selling my MME and picking up an EV6 GT Line. Reasons are faster charging, better performance, possibility to use it to replace both my daily and my autocross car, and playing the tax credit game. Since the MME was originally intended to be a Focus/Edge before the rebranding I absolutely do not trust the spindly suspension components to stand up to almost 6000lbs for even occasional local autocross use. And that's not considering the silly 7" "wide" wheels ;).

I have reservations for the Lightning, R1T, & Evalanche. I would cancel the Lightning reservation this morning if Rivian would provide a delivery estimate. Ultimately R1T is closer to the size I want but having purchased new and kept for twelve years an 02 Av the Evalanche is EXACTLY what I really want.

gombater

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T FE/FG
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I am of a similar mindset. Will soon be selling my MME and picking up an EV6 GT Line. Reasons are faster charging, better performance, possibility to use it to replace both my daily and my autocross car, and playing the tax credit game. Since the MME was originally intended to be a Focus/Edge before the rebranding I absolutely do not trust the spindly suspension components to stand up to almost 6000lbs for even occasional local autocross use. And that's not considering the silly 7" "wide" wheels ;).

I have reservations for the Lightning, R1T, & Evalanche. I would cancel the Lightning reservation this morning if Rivian would provide a delivery estimate. Ultimately R1T is closer to the size I want but having purchased new and kept for twelve years an 02 Av the Evalanche is EXACTLY what I really want.
Pretty much in the same boat.... would cancel the lightning reservation if I knew when I would get R1T - also have Evalanche reservation for same reasons. Now, if Ford can get their servers working again I could order the lightning - been broke since Saturday... can see reservation and 'order' button but 'technical difficulties' - for 4 days...
Sponsored