Sponsored

[Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First?

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Delivery Day will likely start with an impossible to wipe off shit eating grin, followed by rounding up my buddies for an off road rip into the back country either on Vancouver Island or Whistler area.

This will be my first EV experience, so I'm excited to take it all in and also just look over every detail on the vehicle
Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? clap
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Delivery Day will likely start with an impossible to wipe off shit eating grin, followed by rounding up my buddies for an off road rip into the back country either on Vancouver Island or Whistler area.

This will be my first EV experience, so I'm excited to take it all in and also just look over every detail on the vehicle
Gotta reserve an afternoon for postin' up in the Capilano Bridge parking lot like... (Blasting Billy Squier optional, but recommended).

Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? 1622054147305

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
first adventure will be packing my coolers/tents/booze to leave PDX and head to my favorite camping spot on Mt. Hood.
Always wanted to head out there and see the filming locations for 'Grimm'. Or was that closer to Adams?

Random related PNW side note... Flew out of SeaTac a few weeks ago to visit family in Raleigh....
Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? PXL_20210514_151955762.MP

First time ever seeing all four big peaks.... Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, Hood. :cool:

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm going to Disneyland!
I mean from AZ...hop on the 10 and you're good!?!

Assuming a rough Phoenix Starting point....(theoretically) two quick charge stops and about 6 hours later you're hanging out with Mickey! With the Large pack it's (theoretically) only one ~20 minute stop.

Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? 1622056107733

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I hope there is a factory pick up option, then the first adventure would be IL to TX.

Be sure to keep me posted, I might be game to join you. Maybe stop through Big Bend on the way!

A man after my own heart. There will definitely be a tailgating trip to see some Aggie football on my Rivian list this fall.
I know you're in Austin, but figured you'd rather just line it up with a Tailgate. So here's you're rough (theoretical) trip from Normal to College Station.

Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? 1622057043679

Also...I heard from some Longhorn-friends of mine that there's a special Residential Registration fee for any Aggies that live in the Austin City limits?!?! ? ;) :CWL: j/k guessing there's a plenty of Aggies that live there, like any good college football rivalry state.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
We’ll probably go to the desert. Palm Springs if it’s cold or the high desert if it’s hot. In the unlikely event there was recent rain then maybe the Cleveland National Forest for a hike to Tenaja Falls.
Did a day hike in Joshua Tree last month. One of our favorite magical places on the planet. There's just something about the high desert. :cool:

I'll also never forget Tuolumne Meadows above Yosemite.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
With the way things seem to be headed...apparently I'll be going from either the Ford or Tesla dealership to the mountains. :confused:

Just kidding...mostly
Well played sir. :cool:

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Always wanted to head out there and see the filming locations for 'Grimm'. Or was that closer to Adams?

Random related PNW side note... Flew out of SeaTac a few weeks ago to visit family in Raleigh....
PXL_20210514_151955762.MP.jpg

First time ever seeing all four big peaks.... Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, Hood. :cool:
I think (but not sure) a lot of the wilderness shoots in Grimm were in the Mt. Hood area. That scene in Season one (I think is was S1) on the green metal trestle bridge was filmed next to an RV park in Troutdale.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I think (but not sure) a lot of the wilderness shoots in Grimm were in the Mt. Hood area. That scene in Season one (I think is was S1) on the green metal trestle bridge was filmed next to an RV park in Troutdale.
Hah...Mt. Hood it is then! Maybe @DuckTruck can join us for an adventure meetup! ;)

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Tahuya! If it can't survive the crawls and ponds there, it's going back in the first 7 days.
My wife is scared of the $5k Disco going through there, can't wait for her to be in the $80k Rivian trying it...
Being a north-ender didn't even know that was a thing but it looks perfect! So many places in WA state to explore! Can't wait. Gonna be soooo rad.

Don't forget to try the ponds backwards! :CWL:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hah...Mt. Hood it is then! Maybe @DuckTruck can join us for an adventure meetup! ;)
I'm all over that! I want a picture of my R1T in the same position, in the same weather, in front of Timberline Lodge, just like the snowplow was in "The Shining".

To paraphrase Jack, "All work and no play makes Rivvy a dull toy!"

"Heeerre's Johnny!"...."Honey, I'm home!"

I'll bring the fire axe and the typewriter.....

Rivian R1T R1S [Delivery Day] - Where Will You Go First? 1622062285929

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Also...I heard from some Longhorn-friends of mine that there's a special Residential Registration fee for any Aggies that live in the Austin City limits?!?!
Aggie bonds are strong in general, but especially here "Behind the Orange Curtain"!

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Did a day hike in Joshua Tree last month. One of our favorite magical places on the planet. There's just something about the high desert. :cool:

I'll also never forget Tuolumne Meadows above Yosemite.
Back in 2013 when we got the Jeep Wrangler, the very next day we took the 395 to Bishop and Lake Tahoe and everything in between. Did Tuolume Meadows on the way back. It was a fun couple of weeks. I think I will do that again!
Sponsored