First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Audiologist
More than just this, I’m only sharing so others can check in. Trying to help you all, I don’t care about me.
I'm grateful that you posted your experience. I was reading your post and associated comments earlier this afternoon and it got me thinking about how poorly your situation was handled surely someone must have known days prior your vehicle was not going to be delivered to you as scheduled. Ironically, I received a call from the service center not long after stating my R1S would not be delivered on my scheduled delivery date of March 31st either. It's still in or around the Cleveland area and they don't know when it is projected to arrive in SoCal. Let's just say because of your post I was aware this could happen and wasn't as shocked as I might have been had I not come across your post. My entire ordering process has been a joke as well as loads of miscues and miscommunications have been the norm throughout this ordeal. My lease agreement docs were riddled with miscalculations and mistakes which took way too many emails and calls on my part to correct.

Lastly, they were extremely pushy about me taking delivery before the end of March (Gee I wonder why...) instead of mid-April which worked better for me, and even went as far as threatening to unmatch me from my VIN if I did not agree to a March delivery date only to not even have the vehicle at the service center to deliver. So yes, I agree Rivian's ordering and delivery system is indeed a joke.

Dr. Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Audiologist
Seems you are super excited and can’t wait any longer….just one more day …
To some of us, time is money, and even one day wasted because of lazy communication errors and subpar execution is one too many.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
I love our R1S, but a complicated car is not for everyone.

I agree Rivian has a long way to go in its sales process. Too many unforced errors. Hope they simplify their processes quickly.

Very best wishes!

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S FG/OC 22's , 2023 Tesla Model 3
Mine was also cancelled. Waited all week for my leasing docs for them to finally arrive at 1130pm the night before delivery! I signed immediately but unfortunately my co-registrant was sleeping.

In the morning we opened up the docs to find them expired. My guide said they expired at midnight 🙄 Unfortunately the laws in my state say we can’t take delivery the same day the docs are signed and we also can’t on a Sunday.

absolutely ridiculous and unreasonable to send these at 1130 with a midnight expiration the night before delivery. No one communicated that we had 30 mins to sign it or else our delivery would be cancelled. I waited 3 years for the truck. Crazy.

anyways, they write very apologetic. Threw in free cross bars and floor mats, and we are in the process of setting up free home delivery at some point this week or next.

the craziest part was we still had to drive 2 hours to the delivery center to pick up my pop’s new R1S. So I had to watch him get his truck while I could see mine sitting in the back lot 🫠
Sponsored