First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
For those who came from vehicles with HUDs, blind spot cameras upon activating turn sign, etc -

Is it hard to adjust to going without those things again?
I am still disappointed in some of the little things a vehicle at this price point doesn't have, that my Palisade does. Particularly the blind spot camera which is a safety feature that's beyond helpful.

Still purchasing, unless I'm floored by the EX90, and it's big enough. But just curious how easily people have adjusted.
Sponsored

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Model 3, 2024 Mustang GT
Occupation
Self Employed
I'd prefer to have the HUD. I've had other vehicles with it and I always like it. That said, I'd never consider replacing my R1T because of that feature alone.

Regarding the blind spot camera, I've never had that and it does seem cool. All I can say is the Rivian has very good sight lines and the display in front of the driver graphically depicts vehicles around you in addition to the usual indicators in the sideview mirrors themselves. It feels like a good system to me.

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
I've noticed when I put my blinker on and if someone is there in the blind spot it throws a warning. But I second the good sight lines all around.

OP
OP

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Didn't pay much attention to the graphics when I had my test drive, was just giddy. Is it ever buggy/wrong?

AmerikanMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Executive
I think you’ll adjust just fine to be honest.

That screen in front of the steering wheel is a game-changer. Had my vehicle for 4 hours and already using it when I throw my signal on. It shows everything around you so better than the blind spot cameras in my mind.

Let us know either way though how you fare!

Sponsored

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
For those who came from vehicles with HUDs, blind spot cameras upon activating turn sign, etc -

I am still disappointed in some of the little things a vehicle at this price point doesn't have, that my Palisade does. Particularly the blind spot camera which is a safety feature that's beyond helpful.

Still purchasing, unless I'm floored by the EX90, and it's big enough. But just curious how easily people have adjusted.
How fast does your Palisade go? Just shoot the gap… lol

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Model 3, 2024 Mustang GT
Occupation
Self Employed
Didn't pay much attention to the graphics when I had my test drive, was just giddy. Is it ever buggy/wrong?
I have not noticed it malfunction or seem buggy. Not as it relates to the blind spot safety.

In addition to blind spot monitoring, the center screen has graphics to depict different types of objects (car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian) around the vehicle. Sometimes it doesn't quite pick the right one but I see that as an aesthetic thing, not a functional concern.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
The HUD is nice but the big screen up front is easy enough to see that it makes up for it. The blind spot thing can probably be added in with software sometime as the cameras are already there.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

Tesla added the blind spot camera functionality way down the line. Rivian has cameras placed to do this, I am guessing this will be activated in year 1 or s00n. You might not have to live long without it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Tesla added the blind spot camera functionality way down the line. Rivian has cameras placed to do this, I am guessing this will be activated in year 1 or s00n. You might not have to live long without it.
Oh I didn't know there were cameras in the side mirrors (although I suppose it can work from elsewhere)

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson