Sponsored

Current daily production rate

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Don't be a dick.
Thanks for the defense Diddy123.? I took our Canadian friend's post as teasing. Hopefully not mean spirited. He does have a point though.?
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Thanks for the defense Diddy123.? I took our Canadian friend's post as teasing. Hopefully not mean spirited. He does have a point though.?
I'll buy into the teasing theory, but it's nice to have @Diddy123 have your back. That border is the longest open one in the world for a reason.

BTW, If I got paid by the word, I'd have my own on-line bookselling company and maybe a rocket ship or two. Luckily, there's no quality standard I have to adhere to with my ramblings. ?

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Somehow I got off-topic, so I'm through with another New Year's rant. I think I'm getting anxious that my March/April delivery date will get delayed. I feel much better now, so thanks for listening. I actually did have a guess for the "current daily production", but I don't feel it was very good. Happy New Year to all and to Rivian as well.....
In the first time in a while I'm feeling pretty confident they will start hitting delivery dates. Mostly from seeing a lot of deliveries happening to employees recently and a couple of "third party" purchases.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I'll buy into the teasing theory, but it's nice to have @Diddy123 have your back. That border is the longest open one in the world for a reason.....
Yes, it's always good when others look out for you. I do appreciate @Diddy123 and your reply, Duck. You can't make it in this world alone.:)

In the first time in a while I'm feeling pretty confident they will start hitting delivery dates. Mostly from seeing a lot of deliveries happening to employees recently and a couple of "third party" purchases.
I agree and hope you're right, but I'm still cautious about letting my guard down. I can't afford to be disappointed once again.....I'll end up making a bad decision.

OP
OP
RideAlong

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
I get the sentiment. It seems to me to be a combination of a employee retention/attraction that also had the bonus of helping their apparent QA program.

Soon it shouldn't matter though either if there's enough output, you noted.

Personally I think it may be a good idea for them to allow employees to get near the front of the line over the next year or two as a way to attract employees and help ramp production. Assuming they are running into labor constraints.
You are spot on about the retention - retaining full time people in the middle of a frozen cornfield practically takes a 80k truck perk. ?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You are spot on about the retention - retaining full time people in the middle of a frozen cornfield practically takes a 80k truck perk. ?
It's not just attracting staff to Normal.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
just being cheeky! ?

OP
OP
RideAlong

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
Does any know or have an educated guess as to how many Rivian's are coming off the line each day ? Is the ramp up even actual happening right now or is it still in the future ?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Does any know or have an educated guess as to how many Rivian's are coming off the line each day ? Is the ramp up even actual happening right now or is it still in the future ?
Q4 earnings call should be anywhere from end of January to end of March. Doubt we'll know anything until then.

Last edited:

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
You don’t get ahead of the line just because you are an employee. I know an employee not due until end of 2022 on R1S, not sure on the criteria but hoping to find out when I join them.

Not sure I can talk at that point even if I knew.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

You don’t get ahead of the line just because you are an employee. I know an employee not due until end of 2022 on R1S, not sure on the criteria but hoping to find out when I join them.

Not sure I can talk at that point even if I knew.
You can talk since you are using a nickname and they would not know. There is too much secrecy about production, issues (like the recent removal of the experiences from a two month old truck) etc.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
You can talk since you are using a nickname and they would not know. There is too much secrecy about production, issues (like the recent removal of the experiences from a two month old truck) etc.
Nothing is truly anonymous in the internet.

Also there is a NDA for a reason, product development isn’t as simple as that. No organization would want information regarding their internal builds out in the open.

No one would/should risk their jobs to quench the thirst for information.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Nothing is truly anonymous in the internet.

Also there is a NDA for a reason, product development isn’t as simple as that. No organization would want information regarding their internal builds out in the open.

No one would/should risk their jobs to quench the thirst for information.
I understand that but these are real trucks since production formally started in September. They should be more open with details.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
I understand that but these are real trucks since production formally started in September. They should be more open with details.
Well, once this thing gets into customers hands then these details will be out. As per their schedule it shouldn’t be long before customers outside the organization get delivery.

No one knows the validity of the statements of the reditt user, considering he lied about his identity, what is it to say he didn’t embellish other details.

Customers have waited for years, another month or so shouldn’t be a problem to get all your questions answered. I don’t know how automobile development works, I come from the SW domain, but if details of every bug being worked on before go live is out in the public domain, no one would trust the product.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Till Dec 15 they had produced 650, they closed 2021 with 1015. So (1015 - 650)/14 (accounting for holidays) = 26 per day.

if all they do is maintain this rate in 2022 they will produce 9204 vehicles in 2022

I expect them to at least double it & if they manage to deliver almost all of them they might close out 2022 with a billion in revenue (priced at 70K per unit approx), at worst if they maintain the rate half a billion in revenue. Impressive for a startup in its second year of actual production?
Sponsored

Last edited: