Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
While the words of extreme caution are warranted for flowing water, I’d be willing to bet that the OP knew the conditions well and didn’t just blindly bulldoze into this situation. It may have even been a frequently travelled road for the OP.

While flow looks fast, the water didn’t go over the fascia below the hooks so not terribly deep even at highest suspension. Guessing from the videos, depth was at or near the wheel hubs. Road didn’t look to have debris and may be mostly if not fully paved beneath.

I’d never cross unknown water without walking/wading through it first with a walking stick, but this doesn’t look like OP’s first rodeo on this section.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Offgrid

Offgrid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
In general yes those that say it’s dangerous and not a good idea is the correct message. But as some have eluded, this is a regular thing for me. This is a creek crossing to get to my house. Traveled daily. Many years of flood conditions and knowing my limits for this stretch. While the flows were substantial ( especially in the opposite direction because it is slightly up stream) this was well within the limits.

but again yes. If you arnt familiar with the crossing, and or don’t have experience. Don’ do it.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Why First Responders will always have a job.

Last edited:

beinenson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What an idiot. If the car was not 7000 pounds, the outcome may be different.

Sponsored

jojo168

First Name
JWU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot16, Odyssey08, Accord07
Occupation
numbers guy
Sorry but I cannot see any videos.

Norcal got a good soaking. The truck did well fording the creek crossing at peak flow.
IMG_7102.PNG

Sponsored