mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Agreed. The last update was the most improvement yet. Still will not make up for the 13.5 inches in wheel base.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i agree the R1T overall is more composed, refined and better overall driving dynamics. not to say the R1S is bad but in comparison to the R1T its not as good.

i own an R1T and i was loaned out an R1S for a couple of weeks (small sample size). while nimbler feeling at lower speeds in traffic and parking lots, cornering, driving over bumpy, uneven terrain or even accelerating sharply it felt less composed. the front end lifts more on hard acceleration than the T which i think contributes to it feeling squirrely. at freeway speeds in a straight line they feel the same.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

My T with the recent suspension update went from ok in SOFT to great in the new middle setting. Didn't realize how poorly the compression and rebound settings were in soft, maybe they still are? Anyone use soft in the new update?

pnwr1s

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S | Black on black on black | 20” ATs
My T with the recent suspension update went from ok in SOFT to great in the new middle setting. Didn't realize how poorly the compression and rebound settings were in soft, maybe they still are? Anyone use soft in the new update?
Agreed. Soft got softer and Medium is now the goldilocks setting

strapp1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2021 Ford Explorer King Ranch, 2006 Toyo
Occupation
IT
I just traded my 2023 S for a T today, I couldn't take it anymore. I am now loving life!
Rivian R1T R1S Comparing the ride quality of the R1T vs. R1S 20240227_145142
Rivian R1T R1S Comparing the ride quality of the R1T vs. R1S 20240227_145134
Rivian R1T R1S Comparing the ride quality of the R1T vs. R1S 20240227_145152

Sponsored

mountainman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I cannot argue with the simple fact that a vehicle with a longer wheelbase will drive more smoothly (and tow better) than a car with a shorter wheelbase. But for those reading this thread that do any off-roading, the shorter wheelbase is significantly better rock crawling. So much so, in fact, that the R1S completed the Rubicon trail while the R1T did not. So if you are like me and do a significant amount of off-roading, the R1S can also be a superior choice.

OP
OP
mikeB

mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

With all due respect for anyone's driving choices. I'm certain that the majority of R1S drivers do not go or have ridden all models and tires on both vehicles r1s is best on highway and city roads With the smaller turning radius, tires and improve navigating is less cramped on and off the roads, My guess is less than 75% of T and 80 of s drivers are more on highway than road. The T does each style in a smoother and somewhat more polished fashion. Even after the recent OTA. Improvement in road performance yet still a noticeable difference.
Sponsored