Sponsored

r1towner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2022
Great thread. Good to know I am not alone :) To deal with the suspension rattling, I normally put my R1T in Sports mode which helps somewhat.
Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
In my case I am getting A piller wind noise that is not due to the small triangle or the door side of the a piller trim or the top applique. I sealed the a piller top and door side of the a piller trim with 6mm tubing.

But I had to get 10mm tubing to fill the gap between the windshield and a piller trim. It did help more than anything else I tried, but what I noticed is that 10mm is not big enough for the lower part of the a piller trim.

The existing seal that is there has no structural support, it is just cosmetic, you can poke your fingers into it and feel that it's just an air scoop straight into the a piller.

I attached a picture of the 10mm tubing, it looks pretty good, but you can also clearly see where just falls into the hollow gap that feeds directly into the a piller.

It would probably take a rather large block of foam to seal up the bottom of that a piller ... does anyone how to remove that exterior trim piece? I suspect form fitting that trim piece will completely eliminate the wind noise in my case.

Also, you can "knock" on the a trim, in my case it is a very hollow sound all the way up until about the top quarter of the trim.

Rivian R1T R1S Community NVH Thread - Share your fixes for noises, rattles, clunks, squeaks 1000000036

Tobytoby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s max pack
I have an r1s max pack dual motor and it makes a "squishy" sound over bumps between mainly under 25mph and seems to be getting worse. Service center (they are great) said this is an engineering item....does anyone else have this issue? I bought this vehicle based on being a "tough adventure " vehicle as I work in the construction trades. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS as I am basically on washerboard roads frequently.

Sponsored

TigerWuxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
I have the same noise and was told that is the sound of hydraulic fluid flowing through valve so normal. Initially I found the sound annoying but gradually got used to that over time.

I have an r1s max pack dual motor and it makes a "squishy" sound over bumps between mainly under 25mph and seems to be getting worse. Service center (they are great) said this is an engineering item....does anyone else have this issue? I bought this vehicle based on being a "tough adventure " vehicle as I work in the construction trades. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS as I am basically on washerboard roads frequently.

240vPlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Rivian R1
Clubs

I believe the sound is coming from the upper control arms. It's normal and on ICE would be drowned out by the engine. Rivian needs more sound deadening as you hear Everything in an EV.

I believe some sound also comes from the tires. The OE Rivian tires to the best of my knowledge do not have the foam in them. Think about the sound you get when you bounce a basketball. The foam inside EV tires reduces that sound a lot.

Tobytoby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s max pack
Thanks for reply, but do not that even if this were an ice vehicle the sound would be drowned out....actually very sure it would not. I also own a model s and realize thar is not an suv, but drive it on same roads and not a sound like this and Rivian is supposed to be an adventure vehicle.

240vPlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Rivian R1
Clubs

Thanks for reply, but do not that even if this were an ice vehicle the sound would be drowned out....actually very sure it would not. I also own a model s and realize thar is not an suv, but drive it on same roads and not a sound like this and Rivian is supposed to be an adventure vehicle.
Tesla tires usually all have the foam inside. Yes model S is a quieter vehicle too.

Rivian needs to improve the sound isolation for sure. The sounds your mentioning are present on every R1T and R1S I have driven...and I have driven quite a few different vehicles (more than 10).

Some owners have installed dynamat in the frontal areas.

It's a little pricey but here is Dynamat and then a lower cost option. I may experiment with this when I'm able to see if it makes any difference.

Dynamat Extreme:
https://amzn.to/4bzEtXF

Lower Cost Option:
https://amzn.to/3R3RSyR
Sponsored