First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Sorry guys, I misread the quote. There are so many moving parts. Safeco is still quite a bit less in the initial scenario, they were providing 1-year quotes and Rivian 6 months:

1. Safeco is $1,155 for the year vs Rivian which is over $1,600 ($800.33 per 6 months)
  2. Safeco has more than double the coverage $500K vs $250K per person (Safeco also doesnā€™t have a sublimit for property damage)
  3. Safeco also provides better rental car coverage $50 per day vs $30 per day

In summary I would be getting 2x the coverage for less if I go with Safeco. The good news is Safeco will be lower than my current Tesla Model 3 insurance which is great news.
Is this with glass coverage?
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Is this with glass coverage?
Yes looks like it - I almost never claim my windshields though as the cost is typically less than my premium increases.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1668637911427

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yes looks like it - I almost never claim my windshields though as the cost is typically less than my premium increases.

1668637911427.png
I think that is just the typical glass coverage included in the main policy. I have always added a specific glass policy that allows for $100-$200 windshield replacements. Itā€™s optional and not everyone likes to do that but itā€™s always been worth it to me in glass hating ColoradošŸ˜’

I think the Rivian/ nationwide insurance had it as part of their coverage based on what someone else said. Given how expensive the Rivian windshields are right now it might be something to think about.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Odd request, but I have recently switched from an R1S to a T and as a result my number has come up quicker than expected. I am having trouble scheduling a test drive and my primary concern is fitting the T onto my parking pad. If there is anyone with a T near City Park in Denver that wouldn't mind a quick detour to help me visualize the parking situation I would greatly appreciate it.
If you're still looking for some help here, I could probably swing by on Saturday.

Crosser3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2017 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Remediation Engineer
Anyone interested in going in on a set of four 20ā€ AT tires? I couldnā€™t add a spare to my R1 Shop order unfortunately. When I picked up the truck I was told to just submit a service ticket and they could sell me a spare but service tells me they can only sell a set of four.
I would be interested. Did you find any other takers?

Sponsored

Warmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW 20
Anyone know if the Denver Service center received more R1S/T lately? Hoping to see more R1S in different colors.

bradrh

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4, Promaster, T7, WRR
Occupation
none
Clubs

hey @DTown3011 I put a call in to xcel earlier and asked about the permit aspect and the rep said any permit would be completely at the discretion of the electrician and not xcel, nor would they require it for applying to the various plans. I brought up to her that in the rebate application fine print it says, ā€œapplicant is responsible for all required permits required for the Premises Wiring and paying the fees related to such permitsā€ and she still insisted it was only if the electrician requires it for their work.
Curious to hear what youā€™ve heard as now I have no idea whatā€™s gospel here and if she was just misinformed etc.
My xcel rebate just got approved & I didn't pull a permit. The form did not ask for that. I did have a licensed electrician tho.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My xcel rebate just got approved & I didn't pull a permit. The form did not ask for that. I did have a licensed electrician tho.
Awesome - I don't plan to pull a permit either. I have a company coming to install the charger on Dec 9th. I picked up a ChargePoint Home Flex for about $700 using a coupon from Bulbs.com, the install will run me about $1300 hardwired, and I get the $500 Xcel rebate and a 30% tax credit for the total!

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Awesome - I don't plan to pull a permit either. I have a company coming to install the charger on Dec 9th. I picked up a ChargePoint Home Flex for about $700 using a coupon from Bulbs.com, the install will run me about $1300 hardwired, and I get the $500 Xcel rebate and a 30% tax credit for the total!
Does the tax credit count toward the installation of new electrical circuits? I will have to add 220 to my garage and that means a subpanel, would be nice to get some money off that.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Does the tax credit count toward the installation of new electrical circuits? I will have to add 220 to my garage and that means a subpanel, would be nice to get some money off that.
Yes absolutely, all charges related to the install including the price of the charger and all wiring costs, including your subpanel.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Just received my 8 steps for my R1S LE and had guide assigned. Any suggestions regarding financing options in CO? VIN 27xx

Last edited:

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Just received my 8 steps for my R1S LE and had guide assigned. Any suggestions regarding financing options in CO?
I used Rivian's financing and the rates were competitive with my CU. It also seemed to streamline the process a bit. Although I was a bit rushed to complete the steps, I'm okay with how it turned out. If I find something I like better, I'll just re-fi.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
What rates are you guys seeing? I don't think I am going to finance, but I am curious.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Right now rates I am seeing are between 5-6.5% for 72 months. Weirdly the 60 months rates are worse. I might just finance until February and pay it off. Rivian and Chase rates are exactly the same.
Sponsored