Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
hey @DTown3011 I put a call in to xcel earlier and asked about the permit aspect and the rep said any permit would be completely at the discretion of the electrician and not xcel, nor would they require it for applying to the various plans. I brought up to her that in the rebate application fine print it says, “applicant is responsible for all required permits required for the Premises Wiring and paying the fees related to such permits” and she still insisted it was only if the electrician requires it for their work.
Curious to hear what you’ve heard as now I have no idea what’s gospel here and if she was just misinformed etc.
Sponsored

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
Anyone want the last unclaimed 20” wheel/tire for a spare? If you do be at the Denver SC tomorrow around 8am to get it.
Damn, just saw this...any chance it's still available?

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Congrats to you! You should also have a Guide listed in your account now.

I have “Mark E”, who I will apologize to right now because I will probably forget everything I’ve learned about the process in the past few months here:CWL:
I had Mark E as well. He is a solid dude.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I had Mark E as well. He is a solid dude.
Thank you. He seems great so far. I have an intro call scheduled with him this Thursday.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I did hear from my guide today. Told me no shop access as my car is too close to production, also that if I wanted a powered tonneau I could wait until "early 2023" in a holding pattern or take delivery with the manual now. Also that PPF WOULD impact my delivery window but dropping accessories like the mats would not. I'm likely to stay the course and take delivery ASAP with manual cover and no changes to my config.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Thank you for the details. I appreciate it.
I ended up pulling the trigger on a ChargePoint Home Flex from this site, there is a 5% off coupon somewhere so I got it for $711 and no sales tax.

Search results for 'chargepoint' | Bulbs.com

I am going to have a local installer put it in for a $1300 quote with 6 gauge copper wire and all the trimmings. I'll be able to claim the $500 XCel credit, $50 bill credit each year, and both the charger and wiring costs are fully tax deductible at 30%. Seems like a no brainer to me.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I did hear from my guide today. Told me no shop access as my car is too close to production, also that if I wanted a powered tonneau I could wait until "early 2023" in a holding pattern or take delivery with the manual now. Also that PPF WOULD impact my delivery window but dropping accessories like the mats would not. I'm likely to stay the course and take delivery ASAP with manual cover and no changes to my config.
That’s interesting. You and I got the confirm email only like a day apart and mine already had the PPF added to my order because I did that literally the day they offered it.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
That’s interesting. You and I got the confirm email only like a day apart and mine already had the PPF added to my order because I did that literally the day they offered it.
Ya, it's a little bit of a bummer as I'd like the front PPF but that's something I can always do later.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
I ended up pulling the trigger on a ChargePoint Home Flex from this site, there is a 5% off coupon somewhere so I got it for $711 and no sales tax.
this is great info! Thanks!

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Ya, it's a little bit of a bummer as I'd like the front PPF but that's something I can always do later.
Definitely. You can arguably get higher quality PPF for close the the same price at a local shop. I wanted it from the factory purely for convenience.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Thought I would also post this here. Just got a preliminary quote from Rivian insurance. It was $996 for 6 months here in Colorado which is great because my Tesla is $1,171 for the same coverage. Our insurance is nuts but this is good to know I will at least have options!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thought I would also post this here. Just got a preliminary quote from Rivian insurance. It was $996 for 6 months here in Colorado which is great because my Tesla is $1,171 for the same coverage. Our insurance is nuts but this is good to know I will at least have options!
Jeez...that's 2.5x any of my other vehicles.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
That $1200 every 6 months WAS what I was paying for Tesla insurance... then I added two 17 year old new drivers at the same time.
You can now find me at major intersections in Colorado Springs with a cardboard sign around my neck.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sorry guys, I misread the quote. There are so many moving parts. Safeco is still quite a bit less in the initial scenario, they were providing 1-year quotes and Rivian 6 months:

1. Safeco is $1,155 for the year vs Rivian which is over $1,600 ($800.33 per 6 months)
  2. Safeco has more than double the coverage $500K vs $250K per person (Safeco also doesn’t have a sublimit for property damage)
  3. Safeco also provides better rental car coverage $50 per day vs $30 per day

In summary I would be getting 2x the coverage for less if I go with Safeco. The good news is Safeco will be lower than my current Tesla Model 3 insurance which is great news.
Sponsored