Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
If your order is still what shows in your signature the only thing I could guess might be slowing yours down is the 20” wheels - I know there was a shortage of those at one point, but who the hell knows. Unless you have a max pack or something? Did they invite you to the R1 shop?

I was a late 2021 order and I want a max pack so I’m playing the long game….
I do still have the 20" wheels, and am not willing to compromise on that. In full disclosure, they had a truck for me, but I would have had to compromise on wheels and color (I am already resigned to compromising on interior, as OC is my preferred). In any event, I don't really NEED it right now, so I have decided I am going to try to control my impatience and actually wait to get what I want. I keep a slow drip campaign going with my guide, but so far it isn't moving the needle
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Picking up a silver/green on 21s on Wednesday.
There is one silver on 21s at the Denver service center right now. I didn’t check the interior.
Also, the following:
Black on black 22s
Forest Green on 21s
Compass Yellow on 21s
White on 21s
White on 21s
Forest Green with Green interior on Black wheel 20 ATs.

All other trucks on the lot were either already owned or demo units.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
There is one silver on 21s at the Denver service center right now. I didn’t check the interior.
Also, the following:
Black on black 22s
Forest Green on 21s
Compass Yellow on 21s
White on 21s
White on 21s
Forest Green with Green interior on Black wheel 20 ATs.

All other trucks on the lot were either already owned or demo units.
That one is probably mine. I know it has arrived but Wednesday is the earliest they had appointments.

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Shot in the dark here but I saw a forest green (pretty sure) R1T at Fox Hollow golf course in Lakewood recently - if you're on this forum, lets sync up and play some golf and maybe go for a spin in the Riv?

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Just got home from my first mile drive. There have been so many reported here I don’t feel like I need to go over how it drives, etc. All I’ll say is after watching and waiting this long it was even better than I expected.

Ally did a great job showing us around the truck and even though I feel like I already knew everything about it, it was amazing getting to experience all of it in person. We got a chance to do everything from street driving to a 0-60 launch and crank up the stereo.

I did ask her about a couple things people around here have been talking about:

1. She confirmed they do see quite a few issues with the powered tonneau. That is no secret at this point, but she said they are figuring out that people need to keep it pretty clean of debris and even dust to keep it working properly. I told her I was considering going with the manual tonneau and she said she had yet to see one or how it works.

2. I asked her about conserve mode and whether they find that it burns through front tires faster, which has been reported in other threads here. She said it seems to have more to do with driving style than anything else. She has 8k miles on her R1T and spends 90% of her time in conserve and she said she has barely seen any wear on her tires. She said her driving style is described as “grandma like” by her friends. In contrast she said her manager has 13k miles on his R1T and drives much more aggressively (even in conserve) and his front tires are already very worn down.

3. She said they have not yet had an R1S come through Denver but she expects that to change soon. She said once Venice gets one - which it does now - Denver is usually not too far behind.

4. She said that test drive scheduling is open enough now that even people without a reservation could get a drive scheduled. She suggested calling the customer care phone number because they have access to each location’s schedule and see if they can get added.

Not many trucks on the lot today. I counted 12 total. Every color except the one I wanted to see - silver. Oh well.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

2. I asked her about conserve mode and whether they find that it burns through front tires faster, which has been reported in other threads here. She said it seems to have more to do with driving style than anything else. She has 8k miles on her R1T and spends 90% of her time in conserve and she said she has barely seen any wear on her tires. She said her driving style is described as “grandma like” by her friends. In contrast she said her manager has 13k miles on his R1T and drives much more aggressively (even in conserve) and his front tires are already very worn down.
Nice to hear her experience with conserve. With rare exception I am on the grandma end of the spectrum. Just did a trip to steamboat and back and averaged 2.28 mi/kWh with two bikes on a hitch rack in primarily conserve, and was pretty impressed with that efficiency on the 20” wheels through the mountains.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
The powered tonneau is a real problem, IMO. My friend who took delivery earlier this year is trying to get his fixed again. It's been the only problem with his R1T It didn't work on delivery -- disconnected until service could retrofit an updated part. Then they fixed it a week or two after his delivery. It jammed up, got cockeyed in the track and had to be fixed. Now it's stuck and won't operate, at least it's stuck rolled open so it's not in the way. His truck is always kept clean and is garaged. No dirt or other crap in or on the tonneau when he's operated it. He says he's giving it one more chance, apparently they're replacing the whole tonneau unit and waiting for it to come in. If it fails again, he'll see if they can swap it out for the manual one.

FWIW, in all my years of owning and being around trucks and related accessories, I have never seen a powered tonneau cover that's worth a crap. I honestly didn't expect Rivian to be able to solve this one and it looks like they haven't managed to improve on the existing crap other than being a bit better integrated with the buttons on the bed rail.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The powered tonneau is a real problem, IMO. My friend who took delivery earlier this year is trying to get his fixed again. It's been the only problem with his R1T It didn't work on delivery -- disconnected until service could retrofit an updated part. Then they fixed it a week or two after his delivery. It jammed up, got cockeyed in the track and had to be fixed. Now it's stuck and won't operate, at least it's stuck rolled open so it's not in the way. His truck is always kept clean and is garaged. No dirt or other crap in or on the tonneau when he's operated it. He says he's giving it one more chance, apparently they're replacing the whole tonneau unit and waiting for it to come in. If it fails again, he'll see if they can swap it out for the manual one.

FWIW, in all my years of owning and being around trucks and related accessories, I have never seen a powered tonneau cover that's worth a crap. I honestly didn't expect Rivian to be able to solve this one and it looks like they haven't managed to improve on the existing crap other than being a bit better integrated with the buttons on the bed rail.
Honestly I’d go with no tonneau or the manual one if I thought Rivian was setup to actually deliver it.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I picked mine up last week. When I asked how long before the tonneau breaks they told me that there’s supposedly a new solution being engineered that should be ready in a few weeks. My service advisor echoed this. Has anyone else been given the same info?

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I picked mine up last week. When I asked how long before the tonneau breaks they told me that there’s supposedly a new solution being engineered that should be ready in a few weeks. My service advisor echoed this. Has anyone else been given the same info?
I don’t remember where, but someone else here in the forum said they were told the same thing - that Rivian was in the process of redesigning it somehow. My problem is I can’t really think of any potential solution that would eliminate the main cause of the malfunction - the dust and small debris that would accumulate on any tonneau that spends time outside.

I plan to switch my configuration to the manual tonneau just because I feel like this will be a constant issue. By the time I would take delivery next year there should be enough feedback on the “new” design to see if it actually helps.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Annie, at the service center, told me the same thing when I was at my first drive demo.

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager
I received the Time to Begin the Purchase Process email last night and vin/8 step this morning. Hopefully it's a sign for more Denver deliveries.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I received the Time to Begin the Purchase Process email last night and vin/8 step this morning. Hopefully it's a sign for more Denver deliveries.
Congrats! New truck in your near future!:champagne:

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I'm looking forward to being able to report something concrete on R1S here in Denver. I'm an AUG-SEP delivery window and my config is pretty basic so I'm hoping it will start pretty soon.
Sponsored