Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Can you explain why you say the suspension is just so-so good? I am not sure what else you would want if it corners like you say and yet soaks up all the bumps. What's it getting wrong?
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. Suspension is AMAZING.

I read that differently than you

I read it as so so good as in really really good, Not so-so good.

Be interesting to see his response.
You nailed it.
Sponsored

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
So did the Limestone R1T get dropped off at the Denver location today or was it just passing through? I think I'm popping by tomorrow to look either way...

Delusions of Adequacy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GX460, Rivian R1T
I stopped by the service center this morning to try and catch a glimpse of my R1T (that is scheduled to be delivered Tuesday) no luck on that as it must have been inside BUT we were a Compass Yellow away from the unicorn trifecta with Red Canyon & Limestone on this trailer. Over the last month I've seen every color except the Compass Yellow and VINs from as low as 15xx up to 45xx (a couple white ones being unloaded from the trailer today with those high VIN#s).

I've had an interesting process - Feb 2019 preorder (LA Silver, 20", Black Mtn and no off-road pkg) . I had my first guide contact at the end of February (so a month ago and avoided all that stress of the price hike on March 1) and was told I would get my PBA in two days. Crickets for over three weeks and finally got my PBA on Tuesday, followed by the 8 step-program yesterday at 4pm. Within a few hours completed the process, received my VIN and was able to schedule the delivery on-line with the one opening they had for the 29th at 3pm.

As far as my impressions on the RC & Limestone. I actually liked the RC much more than I thought I would - more orange than red as most people have said. I was really close to going the Limestone route (switching from my LA Silver) over this last year...after seeing it in person it isn't for me. I think its a cool color & different from what's out there. Just a little flat for me - I think I like more of the metal flake as I really would have been fine with El Cap, Forest Green, Midnight or even Rivian Blue.

Pics are from my Pixel 5 & seem pretty close to what I was seeing this morning to my untrained adequate eyes.
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Unicorn1
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Unicorn2
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Unicorn3

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
From receiving my PBA to having a delivery day (Monday the 28th) only took about 48 hours. Unfortunately I received a phone call yesterday saying due to "unknown reasons" my delivery has been delayed until Thursday the 31st. My guide didn't know if it was due to issues with my truck or if it was timing up in the mountains (I'm in the Vail area) or staffing issues or who the hell knows. I've waited since Feb of 2020 (Blue LE with Black 20") so I suppose a few more days won't matter. Monday would have been perfect though, as we're supposed to have heavy snow on Tuesday into Wednesday.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Last edited:

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In PXL_20220331_210540218.MP
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In PXL_20220331_204109743.MP

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In PXL_20220401_011939751

Finally!!!
Okay, you're wondering about the flowers...yesterday when my Guide called to confirm today's delivery, the first thing he said was, "How's your day today, Richard?" I responded, "Well, pretty shitty to be honest, as my 93-year-old Dad passed away this morning..."
Long story short, when Mr. Delivery arrived this afternoon, he hopped out of the delivery truck holding these flowers and said, "On behalf of the entire Rivian Family, we're sorry for your loss and hope you're doing okay."
I was dumbfounded, to say the least, and impressed beyond belief with the customer courtesy.
The following two hours were filled with info, laughs, a ride around the neighborhood and an overall wonderful feeling toward everything, including the truck.
I'm sure I'll have questions tomorrow about how to do certain things once I can sit down on focus on the truck, but as for first impressions with a company, it couldn't have gone better.
And yes, it was hard to say goodbye to Karma as well, but after 10+ years, it was time.

Sponsored

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Sorry about your dad.

That blue looks better in person and in that photo than it does in others.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
PXL_20220331_210540218.MP.jpg
PXL_20220331_204109743.MP.jpg

PXL_20220401_011939751.jpg

Finally!!!
Okay, you're wondering about the flowers...yesterday when my Guide called to confirm today's delivery, the first thing he said was, "How's your day today, Richard?" I responded, "Well, pretty shitty to be honest, as my 93-year-old Dad passed away this morning..."
Long story short, when Mr. Delivery arrived this afternoon, he hopped out of the delivery truck holding these flowers and said, "On behalf of the entire Rivian Family, we're sorry for your loss and hope you're doing okay."
I was dumbfounded, to say the least, and impressed beyond belief with the customer courtesy.
The following two hours were filled with info, laughs, a ride around the neighborhood and an overall wonderful feeling toward everything, including the truck.
I'm sure I'll have questions tomorrow about how to do certain things once I can sit down on focus on the truck, but as for first impressions with a company, it couldn't have gone better.
And yes, it was hard to say goodbye to Karma as well, but after 10+ years, it was time.
So sorry about your Dad, PoorDick. My heart goes out to you. Very nice of the Rivian folks to acknowledge that like they did. Between your Karma and your R1T you now have owned 2 of the most unique vehicles of the last 10 years. Enjoy every minute with your new truck. I hope the wait was worth it!

caliwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Jeep Wrangler, Volvo XC90
Saw my first R1T in Colorado Springs last night... driving right past our house in the Old North End. Someone who's on here?

Gassious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Mercedes Benz GL550
Clubs

Good Morning Colorado!

I just joined the forum and have had preorder for a R1S since 1/26/20 with a June-July 2022 delivery window. I'm expecting September-October though.

I read in earlier posts on this forum that the R1T qualifies as a light duty electric truck (GVRW >8500#) and therefore a $3500 Colorado tax credit rather than a $2500 light duty passenger vehicle credit. Is this also true for a R1S?

I am unable to find any information on the GVRW of the R1S except on https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model/d861105 which lists the GVRW of the R1S as 7650#. I am dubious of this as it also lists the R1T as 7650#. InsideEvs states that the GVRW if the R1T is 8532# (https://insideevs.com/news/536753/r... the most interesting is,8,532 lbs (3,870 kg).

Also according the InsideEVs, curb weight of the R1S is 33# lighter than the R1T, 6949# vs 6916# (Edmunds lists the R1T as 7148#.) . This difference would put the GVRW R1S at 8499# without taking into account payload/passenger capacity and “tongue weight” of a tow trailer which is less on a R1S.

If anyone has more information or insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
John

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Well saw my first ‘local’ rivian driving lookout mountain this morning, I think forest green, and then stopped at the golden auto show thing and was lucky enough to see one on display from a very kind woman. If you’re a member here, thanks for showing it off to the community. Nice to see them popping up around town.
Sponsored