First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S Adventure Preorder
Occupation
Contracting
I second the idea of a Flatirons Rivian SC. It makes more sense for the target demographic of Rivian, most people around here are the adventure types, younger professionals and tech folks. Especially closer to you get to Boulder, but this area is more accessible to people coming from Denver. Also there are Audi, Land Rover, and Tesla locations within a couple miles.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I second the idea of a Flatirons Rivian SC. It makes more sense for the target demographic of Rivian, most people around here are the adventure types, younger professionals and tech folks. Especially closer to you get to Boulder, but this area is more accessible to people coming from Denver. Also there are Audi, Land Rover, and Tesla locations within a couple miles.
I don’t recall where I got this information (probably on one of the Rivian-based forums) but I thought that Colorado had one of the highest pre-order rates outside of California. That was why, as I also recall, Rivian spent a lot of effort lobbying the state for direct sales support.

I also agree (since I proposed the idea) that the Flatirons location is great for a number of reasons. Not only the demographics of the clientele and the other premium brands in the area, but there is just plain ole good real estate to be had. I was over there a couple of days ago and on the north side of the bridges by Men’s Wearhouse / Grand Rabbits Toy Shoppe there is an entire building that has a side facing the Boulder Turnpike. I think it would be killer for Rivian to move in there and have there big shiny yellow compass logo being seen by every car that goes to/from Boulder.

It’s just my $.02 but I think that Rivian wants a City/County of Denver ZIP code for some reason. Otherwise I don’t know why some of these locations were passed on. I am not familiar with Aurora/Littleton/Lakewood but I have to imagine that there are spots in those places similar to what we've identified in Broomfield. If anyone from Rivian is seeing this, please know from a local that being on the Denver-Boulder turnpike corridor aligns more with your target demographic than being in Denver proper.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I don’t recall where I got this information (probably on one of the Rivian-based forums) but I thought that Colorado had one of the highest pre-order rates outside of California. That was why, as I also recall, Rivian spent a lot of effort lobbying the state for direct sales support.

I also agree (since I proposed the idea) that the Flatirons location is great for a number of reasons. Not only the demographics of the clientele and the other premium brands in the area, but there is just plain ole good real estate to be had. I was over there a couple of days ago and on the north side of the bridges by Men’s Wearhouse / Grand Rabbits Toy Shoppe there is an entire building that has a side facing the Boulder Turnpike. I think it would be killer for Rivian to move in there and have there big shiny yellow compass logo being seen by every car that goes to/from Boulder.

It’s just my $.02 but I think that Rivian wants a City/County of Denver ZIP code for some reason. Otherwise I don’t know why some of these locations were passed on. I am not familiar with Aurora/Littleton/Lakewood but I have to imagine that there are spots in those places similar to what we've identified in Broomfield. If anyone from Rivian is seeing this, please know from a local that being on the Denver-Boulder turnpike corridor aligns more with your target demographic than being in Denver proper.
Mimi’s Cafe could work, or up Coalton Road toward Superior. Easy abandoned retail in this area. Honestly, I’m hoping Rivian only needs 2000sq ft as no one need service!! ?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Reality is that the Steele street location is minutes from I 70 and I 25 in the middle of most customer locations in CO Spring, Boulder, Fort Collins, etc. and only a short distance from two major Amazon hubs at DIA and in Thornton. The location makes a lot of sense. Let’s hope construction moves fast in the coming weeks so we can get our R1Ts and R1Ss soon…no pun intended

bradleykent

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S Adventure Preorder
Occupation
Contracting
Reality is that the Steele street location is minutes from I 70 and I 25 in the middle of most customer locations in CO Spring, Boulder, Fort Collins, etc. and only a short distance from two major Amazon hubs at DIA and in Thornton. The location makes a lot of sense. Let’s hope construction moves fast in the coming weeks so we can get our R1Ts and R1Ss soon…no pun intended
Good points, and obviously Rivian has already started construction on Steele street so unlikely to move away from that now especially. However the 2nd location (whenever that comes) for the front range should 100% be near Flatirons in my opinion.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good points, and obviously Rivian has already started construction on Steele street so unlikely to move away from that now especially. However the 2nd location (whenever that comes) for the front range should 100% be near Flatirons in my opinion.
Agree 100%. I don't doubt the rationale. There's also the further rationale that the Steele street location is pretty close to some rail lines with nearby loading docks (York & 40th).

I just think that as we get past the Launch phase and into "commoditization", there are better places.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Was by the center on Steele yesterday on my way to breakfast at Rivers & Roads. Still no Rivian signage (or anything else obviously Rivian-based) anywhere but definitely construction crews are making progress. All of the windows are boarded up now, there are what appear to be marker flags on the roof, and lots of the big blue industrial waste bags around the property.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone applied for the Xcel energy rebate yet? It's $500 free towards either the Juicebox or Chargeflex home. The Juicebox can be purchase for $550 right now, so seems like a smart buy.

In reading through the materials, it seems that the catch is you need a licensed electrician to "install" it and sign off, so there will be some additional cost associated with that effort. Pretty ridiculous to require that if you're already wired up and the only thing that needs to happen is plugging it in.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had success with applying for and receiving the rebate. Thanks.

5280mcs

First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Polestar 2, '20 M Y P, '89 E30 M3, 15 Tundra,
Occupation
Working from home
Anyone applied for the Xcel energy rebate yet? It's $500 free towards either the Juicebox or Chargeflex home. The Juicebox can be purchase for $550 right now, so seems like a smart buy.

In reading through the materials, it seems that the catch is you need a licensed electrician to "install" it and sign off, so there will be some additional cost associated with that effort. Pretty ridiculous to require that if you're already wired up and the only thing that needs to happen is plugging it in.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had success with applying for and receiving the rebate. Thanks.
Hi,
Do you have the link of the rebate info to share with us?

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Hi,
Do you have the link of the rebate info to share with us?
Home (xcelenergy.com)

All the Xcel incentives. Didn't see the $500 one, but there is up to $1300 related to installing a charger. Even though I had my wiring done in Spring '20, it looks like I can still apply for the rebate!

EDIT: I just read further. The rebate is up to $500 for everyone, $1300 if income qualified.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have never really looked at their incentive web page before. The Rivian is not listed on the page where you have to select your model. Hopefully this is fixed by the time product deliveries start.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Correct, and the $500 can be applied for a pre-purchased charger, assuming it's one of the 2 that they allow (Charpoint or Juicebox)
There is also a federal tax credit, 30% up to 1K if installed before 12/31/2021, might be worth look at as well.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
There is also a federal tax credit, 30% up to 1K if installed before 12/31/2021, might be worth look at as well.
I currently have solar for our Denver home and looking into bidirectional chargers that can also do V2H in case of short power outages. Has anyone looked into this also and what are you considering? The only one I saw was Quasar by Wallbox but don't see a price or availability date.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I currently have solar for our Denver home and looking into bidirectional chargers that can also do V2H in case of short power outages. Has anyone looked into this also and what are you considering? The only one I saw was Quasar by Wallbox but don't see a price or availability date.
The standards have not been finalized or adopted into the CCS spec. After that happens we are likely to see a number of options available, and automakers will begin to incorporate the capability into their vehicles.
Rivan has stated that it will not be included at launch, but would be pushed in a OTA update at a later date.
Sponsored