Sponsored

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
So many little tidbits of info in these stills.
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 5.59.36 PM.png

I assume the Ride Height button
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.00.30 PM.png

Door Locks. Driver Profiles. Alexa
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.01.36 PM.png

Their MENTALITY!
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.02.42 PM.png

Thoughts on what this icon could be?
Maybe indicating a phone is paired? If it is, might be redundant next to the Bluetooth symbol, wifi signal, and 4G signal. ??‍♂
Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
dash still zoom.png

What can we deduce from this indicator that clearly says "54 mi." ??

- Probably 96 Miles per hour, rather than KM, though it's hard to believe you'd ever want to drive a truck on ice/snow at over 100mph. However, it's still possible for these tests that they are measuring distance (range) in miles and speed in KM/h. 100 KM/h is about 62 mph which sounds much more reasonable. But who knows, maybe they like it fast!

- 54 remaining miles of range, at these cold temperatures, with about 2/3 of the bar remaining (definitely less than half full), means this would support maybe 150 miles of range if full in these conditions. This would map to what many EV drivers have experienced, including my own experience with a VW eGolf in Colorado, that range can get cut down by as much as half when the outside temperature drops.

(and yes, looks to me that the glare is from the screen protector film. You can see the bubbles.)

I'm thinking that the range remaining is dynamically adjusting based on the driving. And thrashing it at 96 miles an hour over snow and ice probably has more to do with the remaining range than the ambient temperature.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Look out world. If I can "Thrash" an R1T at 96 MPH over snow and ice My winter commute to work is going to become a whole lot more adventurous soon!

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I'm thinking that the range remaining is dynamically adjusting based on the driving. And thrashing it at 96 miles an hour over snow and ice probably has more to do with the remaining range than the ambient temperature.
The cold and the go pedal both affect range quite a bit, but I wonder how well the Rivian battery heating system will do in extreme cold efficiency vs the Tesla system. I can't wait to see the results of the cold weather testing!

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The cold and the go pedal both affect range quite a bit, but I wonder how well the Rivian battery heating system will do in extreme cold efficiency vs the Tesla system. I can't wait to see the results of the cold weather testing!

Same, I'm moving from MA to ME next month, and it's currently 3F with a wind chill of -20F at the place in Maine. I already know how my X would do today (passable, but not impressive), I'm hopeful for a little more efficiency in the R1S.

Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Same, I'm moving from MA to ME next month, and it's currently 3F with a wind chill of -20F at the place in Maine. I already know how my X would do today (passable, but not impressive), I'm hopeful for a little more efficiency in the R1S.
To start off with, 35kwh of extra capacity makes a huge difference. ?

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
To start off with, 35kwh of extra capacity makes a huge difference. ?
No doubt, but I want the max pack. Charger density for non-Teslas isn't that great in Western Maine yet.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The old-time film effect may provide the best approximation of Launch Green we've had to date.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Please divulge where you found this gem...
I have no life besides searching for Rivian niblets, but also Rivians Vimeo channel ?.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management