Sponsored

Climate Settings - how do I save a preferred temp?

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
How do I change the temperature setting such that it sticks. With prior OS versions it would stay at the last set temperature. As we start transitioning to warmer temps I‘ve adjusted the cabin temp but every time I get back it it defaults back to the 65°F I’d set over winter. I’d like it to stick to 67°F and work my way up to 70 to 72 by summer.

I’ve looked around and there’s no setting to have it set. I’ve also tried resaving my seating position thinking it might now be tied to a driver profile. That was actually a pet peeve is that climate temp wasn’t previously linked to a driver profile but at least it stuck with the last temperature set, not jumping back to something different like it is now.
Sponsored

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Do you have daily preconditioning set in the phone app? That might be what’s returning it back all the time.

I had to adjust my preconditioning schedule now that the weather changed.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Agree. If you don’t have preconditioning set up the temp setting is the last setting you had it.

that said I haven’t changed my temp from 72 since 2022. Sometimes I’ll move it to 70 if it’s a hot day or 73 if it’s a cold day… wildly impressed by the temp control in the rivian!

PhiltheCasual

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Agree. If you don’t have preconditioning set up the temp setting is the last setting you had it.

that said I haven’t changed my temp from 72 since 2022. Sometimes I’ll move it to 70 if it’s a hot day or 73 if it’s a cold day… wildly impressed by the temp control in the rivian!
*looks at where you're based out of*
Yep that checks out given you're climate :CWL:

Sponsored

PhiltheCasual

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I’m in Colorado and leave mine set to 72 all the time, works great
Here in Maryland, I've found 68 to be relatively comfortable. Occasionally the AC compressor goes into some sort of power saving mode and I have to crank it down to 64 before things dehumidify inside, which isn't super great.

OP
OP
Riviaenz

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
I do have daily morning pre-conditioning (M-Th 6:30 target, F 8 target, and S/Su 7 target) and had been set to 65°F. It’s strange though that it DURING the day an override wouldn’t take precedence for the day. It’d be ok if it would default back each morning.

Based on responses/feedback I changed the Friday preconditioning to 67°F and it worked to hold 67°F throughout the day yesterday. This morning I just checked and it’s back to 65°F. It does seem to use the preconditioning temp set as the default. I guess like an EcoBee/smart thermostat. Hmm may be I can set a schedule throughout the day 😆 (warmer in the morning and cooler during the day in winter, and vice versa in summer).

Another way is if it would actually save driver preferences since it’s really a personal choice. I like it cooler in winter and warmer in summer than my wife for instance. It’s how our Volvo used to work, it remembering a driver preference (saved to your profile) and that was also used for pre-conditioning rather than setting a different preconditioning temp - it’d use the last driver’s setting and would then adjust automatically based on the driver/key that unlocked or flipped the start knob.
Sponsored

Last edited: