Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

I know there is a manual way to release a stuck charge cord and a way to open the charge port door if the battery dies by attaching a jump pack. But, what if the servo motor that opens the charge port door breaks? Is there a way to manually open the door in an situation like that?
Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I know there is a manual way to release a stuck charge cord and a way to open the charge port door if the battery dies by attaching a jump pack. But, what if the servo motor that opens the charge port door breaks? Is there a way to manually open the door in an situation like that?
Yes, it shows how to do it in the manual. Access to manual release is via front driver wheel well I believe.

OP
OP
Budman

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Yes, it shows how to do it in the manual. Access to manual release is via front driver wheel well I believe.
The way I read the manual, that is only to release a charge plug that is stuck, not a way to open the charge port door
Rivian R1T R1S Charge Port Door Manual Open 1658845172665

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The way I read the manual, that is only to release a charge plug that is stuck, not a way to open the charge port door
1658845172665.png
Ah, my recollection failed me. For some reason, I thought it opened charge port door too.
Sponsored