OP
Chunk

Chunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Well I received a call from Rivian and they have agreed to reinstate my Launch Edition slot. They were very professional and nice. I asked for and received an email to confirm.
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm definitely interested in dark wheel option(s) on the Launch Edition reservation that I have. I sure don't want to muck it up. Guess I'll wait until Rivian makes it absolutely rock-solid and certain that LE holders can modify options/accessories without sacrificing their LE reservation.
For what it's worth, I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and tried modifying my LE R1S. Worked just fine, changed out the color and tried out different wheels/interiors. Saved a new configuration as well with a new color, and I'm still on a LE config. I think the main issue OP had was deciding to go from truck to SUV (or vice versa), which made them lose the LE.

Edit: It looks like they've updated the language on the configurator page yet again, this time to explicitly state that if you restart your configuration or change your model, you will no longer be able to choose Launch Edition. The button used to say "Update configuration" and now says "Restart". I would not mess with this anymore:

Rivian R1T R1S CAUTION! I just lost my Launch Edition. 1607626747190

Last edited: