Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Technical Lead
Clubs

Hi,
Did CA added income condition to apply for carpool sticker?
thanks
Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Not that I am aware of. Instead, they did add income limit for the CA EV rebate. Still it doesn't matter because Rivian does not qualify due to its weight.

HOV sticker all goes away on 9/30/2025 though...

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

I got a carpool sticker in ca.for my R1S. there is a discount for low income, no cap on higher income. there is a link to ARCB (I think) on the dmv website. Just need license and Vin info.

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

No, you just have to pay $30 or whatever if your income is enough to afford a rivian. You can leave the license plate number empty on the form if you don’t have plates yet. Sped things up for me.

Underthe110

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Longshoreman
Not that I am aware of. Instead, they did add income limit for the CA EV rebate. Still it doesn't matter because Rivian does not qualify due to its weight.

HOV sticker all goes away on 9/30/2025 though...
I got the decals last week for my R1T. It took quite a while to get. I just put one of the small decals on the right rear. Not sure why they require them in all four corners.

Sponsored

StephenSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Below is from DMV and has been in place for 5 years.
  • If you purchased your vehicle on or after January 1, 2018, a CAV decal cannot be issued to you if you have received a consumer rebate through the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP), unless you meet specified gross annual income requirements. If your gross annual income is above specified thresholds, you may have to choose between a CAV decal and a CVRP rebate.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Then what happens
The program ends. There are too many EVs in CA already (~30%+ of new car sales). Only real Carpool (2+/3+) vehicles in the HOV lane.

As a side note, many HOV lanes are disappearing around SoCal and becoming Express toll ways so just pay...
Sponsored