Captains Chairs in middle row?

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
With my pic at the SF event, the gap is not there in the R1T and when they flipped the seat up, it was a bin that does not lock....very interesting difference between pictures...

Rivian R1T R1S Captains Chairs in middle row? upload_2020-1-31_5-55-54
Sponsored

EVian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
I wonder if that space goes away when configured with the 180 kWh battery pack? I know the largest battery pack precludes the 3rd row seating.
I believe it has been stated that yes, that storage space beneath the second row seating does disappear with the 180KWh pack.

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I'm also very interested in 6 seat R1S configuration. See my recent email correspondence with Rivian below. "Seating options" at least gives me hope. Rivian, please come through with 2nd row captains chairs and a central clear space to pass through to the 3rd row. So close to my dream vehicle!

"Looking forward to hearing more about the R1S. My biggest question is whether the 2nd row will be offered in captains chair configuration? We are a family of 6 and that would be critical for us. Otherwise would probably go with the model X. Thanks!"

"Hi,

Thanks for your continued love and support! We will have specific details around seating options at configuration. Please note that the configurator launches in Summer 2020 so get ready!"

mattcrisafulli

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Enclave
Thus is an older thread, but hopefully Rivian is going to have this as an option. We have the Buick Enclave and love the middle row with the Capitan seats. Makes easy to get to the 3rd row and puts just enough separation between the kids in the 2nd row.

AMoney

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Acadia
Occupation
N/A
I’m assuming that the R1S will have the frunk like the R1T. Anyone know if thats correct?

Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I’m assuming that the R1S will have the frunk like the R1T. Anyone know if thats correct?
Yes. The whole front half of both has been presented as identical so far.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Max pack with Captain's chairs would be my selection. We have no kids and don't want to transport more than one other couple!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Has anybody seen anything about the option for captains chairs in the middle row?
I've currently got a GMC Yukon and swapped out the bench seat for a seat of captains chairs and it makes the 3rd row much more convenient. Have the 6 seater configuration in a Model X as well.

I'm really hoping theres an option for this.

Is anybody else hoping for the same thing or is it just me?
Nope. It’s not an option. You’ll have to wait for next version unless you reservation is so far down the line that by the time you take delivery it may be an actual option ?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Thus is an older thread, but hopefully Rivian is going to have this as an option. We have the Buick Enclave and love the middle row with the Capitan seats. Makes easy to get to the 3rd row and puts just enough separation between the kids in the 2nd row.
By the time the RS max pack comes out, …… your kids might be the ones driving it. Lol.

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60

HTownB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
does anyone know if the middle seat in the second row could be removed? The DIY captain’s chairs.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
does anyone know if the middle seat in the second row could be removed? The DIY captain’s chairs.
It’s a 60/40 seat. Probably not easily. But anything can be done once

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
I want the opposite.

I will get the rear bench & wish there was a front option for a middle seat w/ folding console. Yes, like the Cybertruck. I've had both styles of front seats in trucks & vastly prefer the folding console & extra seat.
The Front bench is awesome !
Sponsored