Camp Speaker not Charging

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
After reading this, I took mine out to mess with it for the 1st time - Dead. However, mine won't even charge with a USB! Tried several different chargers, nothing - just a red light that goes on and off when I press it. Anyone else not even able to charge with USB? Might be my 1st service ticket. Wanted to use it on a camping trip next weekend. Lame.
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
After reading this, I took mine out to mess with it for the 1st time - Dead. However, mine won't even charge with a USB! Tried several different chargers, nothing - just a red light that goes on and off when I press it. Anyone else not even able to charge with USB? Might be my 1st service ticket. Wanted to use it on a camping trip next weekend. Lame.
Did you try the hardware and/or factory resets?

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine seems like the dock has to be locked before it will charge.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you try the hardware and/or factory resets?
The service guy I just chatted with said that if it's not taking a charge via a USB-C charger, then there are no other troubleshoots I could do. 1st service ticket officially on the books. I'm open to any suggestions on a factory reset, but it has no power (well, red light is on), and I don't see any of the pinhole style holes on back or bottom to try that approach.

Sponsored

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ummm... My truck is in the shop but there is a USB tab in the menus somewhere. There are settings for the speaker in there.

Maybe somebody can chime in here...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Forgive my ignorance, but how do you "lock" the dock?
In the infotainment screen you can lock the camp speaker. Same screen that shows you the speaker battery level and quick-tips.

Rivi

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S DEFENDER
I have had two instances over the past month where I pull the speaker out and it's dead (the only two times I wanted to use the speaker). I plug in with USB and charge a bit and it works fine. It also charges up once I reinstall it in the truck with the percent showing on the screen after I use it and going up fairly quickly. Then two week's go by and I removed the speaker to use it again and it's dead. I have been on the new software (11.2) only since 4/15, but speaker was dead yesterday second time so has happened on two versions. I'll try again this weekend and see what I get. So far I feel when I don't see the charge status the speaker is not charging and possibly draining the battery as there is a red light always on showing mic disabled, but who knows.
We have 2 R1T. None of the 2 camp speakers take charge through the C port. [verified with the delivery person] My $100 small portable JBL has a battery status bar and almost as loud and clear as these giants.These have nothing like that.Nice design poor performance so far.Service ticket opened.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
My speaker appears to be totally whacked out of its mind. I've had it playing music while docked, I've had it connect to my phone and start playing music automatically within a second of taking it of the dock for the first time in weeks and, most annoyingly, I've taken it out and found that it is completely dead. Nothing more annoying than 'hey let me show you this cool thing' only for it to be completely out of charge despite sitting in the dock all the time.

Sponsored

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
Took my camp speaker out of the truck for the first time in weeks. Battery was dead. I charged it with USB-C power and it works. However, when putting it back in the truck, I get this error message —see attached photo.

744A13B9-32C9-466F-BA10-EA525E5CBA63.jpeg
Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I’m getting the same message after first time removing

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I had this problem and the alcohol cleaning completely fixed it for me. The speaker now connects to charge when in the dock and doesn’t advertise Bluetooth when docked.
Thanks for the tip. I did a hardware reset on the speaker, cleaned the contacts on the speaker and in the dock, seems to work now as I saw it connect and it does show charge status.

bikedrd

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Thinker
Did they take away the charge indicator? I can’t see it in my new R1S.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
There's something weird about the charge indicator. Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't. I've had my R1T for more than a year and I've only seen it once ever.
Sponsored