Sponsored

Camp Kitchen

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

I ordered the tent cuz it’s a decent deal. Any news on amp kitchen for for R1S ?
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The camp kitchen is dependent on the gear tunnel, so there’s no way that would work on the R1S.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The camp kitchen is dependent on the gear tunnel, so there’s no way that would work on the R1S.
Not entirely true.

There are similar kitchens that work with SUVs. The "shuttle" would just be a different part for the SUV version, but theoretically they could use the same modules.

For example:

https://overlandkitchen.com

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I agree with @CommodoreAmiga here.

The same modules & gear tunnel shape might even fit behind the third row of the SUV. There could be a swing out mechanism instead of the shuttle...

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I agree with @CommodoreAmiga here.

The same modules & gear tunnel shape might even fit behind the third row of the SUV. There could be a swing out mechanism instead of the shuttle...
Such an option seems like it would significantly restrict cargo space from other uses. Anything like the kitchens posted above would require a different form factor than the gear tunnel kitchen uses, and I doubt Rivian would go to the effort to design two separate kitchens especially if aftermarket options are already available for SUVs.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Such an option seems like it would significantly restrict cargo space from other uses. Anything like the kitchens posted above would require a different form factor than the gear tunnel kitchen uses, and I doubt Rivian would go to the effort to design two separate kitchens especially if aftermarket options are already available for SUVs.
All that said, I'll bet Rivian would gladly ship all the Camp Kitchens anyone might want, given the pricing.

OP
OP
indophat

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

Thanks folks I think if they are selling tents fir SUV they will also want to provide kitchen option…I do agree kinda pricy for what you get

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
On the topic of camp kitchen pricing, has anyone tried to price out the cost to purchase the Snow Peak cookware/ utensil set? Just for a ballpark they have listed $30+ for a spatula, $12 for a single fork, $150+ for a coffee perculator etc... on their website. It would easily be $1000 for the Snow Peak accessories alone.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
On the topic of camp kitchen pricing, has anyone tried to price out the cost to purchase the Snow Peak cookware/ utensil set? Just for a ballpark they have listed $30+ for a spatula, $12 for a single fork, $150+ for a coffee perculator etc... on their website. It would easily be $1000 for the Snow Peak accessories alone.
Yes in another post someone priced out the accessories from Snowpeak. It was well over $1000 worth of gear.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Yes in another post someone priced out the accessories from Snowpeak. It was well over $1000 worth of gear.
"Set" pricing is never the sum of individual parts. Doesn't matter if it's kitchenware or socket sets. The "a la carte" price is typically massively inflated.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
if someone was to assemble the exact same collection of items(snow peak stuff, stove, water setup), it would cost more than the camp kitchen does, and then you’re paying for the “gear shuttle option“ too.

OP
OP
indophat

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

good ones seem to be priced similarly so I guess there are aftermarket options

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Does anyone see an issue with the kitchen blocking the passenger rear door? Seems like a kid away from major door dents...Seems like if they flipped the kitchen configuration so the range top and sink opened to the rear there would be less chances of door strikes on kitchen.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Does anyone see an issue with the kitchen blocking the passenger rear door? Seems like a kid away from major door dents...Seems like if they flipped the kitchen configuration so the range top and sink opened to the rear there would be less chances of door strikes on kitchen.
That door supposedly locks while the kitchen is extended. I don't know why it isn't made to face the other way, but my guess is since the equipment drawers on the other side of the grill/sink could be extended anyway, then the door would be blocked either way.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
That door supposedly locks while the kitchen is extended. I don't know why it isn't made to face the other way, but my guess is since the equipment drawers on the other side of the grill/sink could be extended anyway, then the door would be blocked either way.
My same thoughts…doesn’t matter the direction as you have drawers on one side and cooktop, etc on the other…just have a self locking mechanism for that door and your fine.
Sponsored