Sponsored

Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I was messaging with my guide yesterday and he told me Rivian is aiming to have the Camp Kitchen available this fall. However, he said there was no specific date yet. So, coming s00n!
Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Would sure be a nice addition to my tailgate setup...

stuckpx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
I was messaging with my guide yesterday and he told me Rivian is aiming to have the Camp Kitchen available this fall. However, he said there was no specific date yet. So, coming s00n!
Are you talking about it being made available in the gear store for any owner to order or for delivery of those orders that were bought with the truck?

OP
OP
Zac

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Are you talking about it being made available in the gear store for any owner to order or for delivery of those orders that were bought with the truck?
Well, Rivian made everyone take it off their truck order since they didn't know when it would be ready. I don't know if they have some priority list or not. They only promised we would get it at the original (pre-March 1) pricing of $5k.

Sponsored

gordonrands

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius Plug-in hybrid, 1997 Dodge Dakota
Occupation
university professor
Clubs

Well, Rivian made everyone take it off their truck order since they didn't know when it would be ready. I don't know if they have some priority list or not. They only promised we would get it at the original (pre-March 1) pricing of $5k.
My configuration has always shown the Camp Kitchen.

OP
OP
Zac

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

My configuration has always shown the Camp Kitchen.
Once you get to signing the purchase agreement, they will take it off unless the Camp Kitchen is ready to be delivered then. For those of us who have already taken delivery of our R1T, they took it off.

Here is what my guide text me today, "We're sharing more updates for the Camp Kitchen, Three-Person Tent, and Gear Tunnel Shuttle later this fall. As a reminder, I've added notes to your order when we removed the Camp Kitchen so you'll be one of the first to be invited to purchase it. Your price is also protected."

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Once you get to signing the purchase agreement, they will take it off unless the Camp Kitchen is ready to be delivered then. For those of us who have already taken delivery of our R1T, they took it off.

Here is what my guide text me today, "We're sharing more updates for the Camp Kitchen, Three-Person Tent, and Gear Tunnel Shuttle later this fall. As a reminder, I've added notes to your order when we removed the Camp Kitchen so you'll be one of the first to be invited to purchase it. Your price is also protected."
My Guide said the same exact thing.

He also said I’d be able to buy the tent at pre-3/1 pricing minus the cost of the cargo crossbars, which they left on my order.

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I picked up my R1T today. I was told by the guy walking me through everything that some people will be getting the camp kitchen very soon!!!! Hope so

AmerikanMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Executive
Thanks for this update. I emailed my Guide this weekend and asked her to confirm that since I was required to remove the camp kitchen from my configuration, that I am indeed on a priority list of some sort. Also curious about my price lock.

I’ll let you know what I find out.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
NoRivian, as Zac said above "Once you get to signing the purchase agreement, they will take it off unless the Camp Kitchen is ready to be delivered then. For those of us who have already taken delivery of our R1T, they took it off."

OP
OP
Zac

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

AmerikanMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Executive
Rivian is getting REALLY good at answer-not-answering my questions...... :)

To be fair, I'm sure the cool accessories they've been talking about for the last few years are not as high up on their priority list as getting their trucks out to folks.... which I get and am all for...... but still..... the first YouTube video posted about the camp kitchen way back in early 2020 was literally the video that made me place my pre-order.... so it would be really cool to know:

A) When they are going to start selling them

B) Confirmation that they are going to honor their previous pricing for folks who had it configured from Day #1 like me.

C) Some piece of mind that I'm in a queue for one somewhere and not at the mercy of a full re-order and start the wait all over again.

If anyone hears anything, I'm hoping this will be the place to post updates.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
If the Snow Peak cooking stuff is the gating item, just ship the rest and send the cooking kit when available please.
Sponsored