Sponsored

Cabin cooling via App while charging not possible?

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
My charge to 70% was completed (according the the App on my iPhone) but I wanted to cool the cabin before I headed out for an errand. I couldn’t seem to clear the message about charge complete nor find a screen to cool the cabin. Is this possible? Did I find a bug/feature request? If someone cares to enlighten me, I’d be appreciative!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not sure about the iphone, but the Android app has a screen to expand to get to the HVAC context menu

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yeah its possible in the IOS version. Doesn’t always work in my experience but usually it will say ’cabin is hot’ on the main screen and give you the option to cool it down. If you don’t have that message you can slide up the vehicle menu and then there is an option there too. Ive seen the message “Adjust climate in vehicle” or something like that before but not sure what triggers that specific message. Otherwise it has worked for me.

Rivian R1T R1S Cabin cooling via App while charging not possible? 9F4640BB-F07E-4A31-9C54-C5BDDA6A91A1

Rivian R1T R1S Cabin cooling via App while charging not possible? A5275835-D0E6-4E4C-B4C9-0FB73E0DE126

OP
OP
Michaewh

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
I’ll have to play with it again. The “your cabin is hot” message appears if I haven’t just completed a charging. But, with that message filling the screen, I didn’t see an obvious way to bypass it…

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

You might still be able to swipe up from the bottom to expose the climate and info menus.

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

You might still be able to swipe up from the bottom to expose the climate and info menus.
Correct, I just did this today. When charging you have to pull up from the bottom.

The landing page shows what they view as most pertinent info. So when plugged in then you have to pull up to view more.

then when the cabin says “your cabin is hot” (or warm) there is a button that says “cool down”

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
How can we precondition the vehicle using voice while still in the house and not unlocking/messing with phone. Would be nice to say "Google/Alexa, get my Rivian ready to roll" while starting my morning coffee without fumbling with my phone. Depending on the weather, activate A/C, heated/cooled seats, defrosters, etc.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
How can we precondition the vehicle using voice while still in the house and not unlocking/messing with phone. Would be nice to say "Google/Alexa, get my Rivian ready to roll" while starting my morning coffee without fumbling with my phone. Depending on the weather, activate A/C, heated/cooled seats, defrosters, etc.
Yes, I think some Alexa skills are definitely needed. I was surprised at how bad the Alexa integration in the R1T is, and there is no Alexa integration outside the truck.
Sponsored