Sponsored

huskylord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subie
Apologies if this was already posted:

Great article posted today (Dec 10) on Bloomberg for Rivian vs most other potential electric trucks (and their predicted odds of getting to market).

It's behind a paywall, but they might allow for free viewing depending on how often you go to the site.

Your Next Car Will Probably Be an Electric Pickup Truck
With their mass appeal, automakers say selling battery-powered models should be a breeze. If they ever get made.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...sla-others-plan-battery-powered-pickup-trucks
Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Good to see Rivian getting the first spot, as they should since it should be the first to market. Afraid that Tesla/GM being the big $$$ would get their name earlier in the article

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Since we are on a Bloomberg interview topic.

wouldn’t it be cool to have an option to buy pre ipo shares for the launch edition customers?

thoughts?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
It would be cool, but it would also be a "public" offering and thus wouldn't be "pre"-ipo. To offer shares to the general public (non-accredited investors) requires all the same SEC registrations as going public.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Found the reference to Rivian using Ford vans (along with their own fleet) for the mobile service network interesting.
RJ had commented in a recent interview that one of the challenges was they had to have the service network built out on day 1, knowing there shouldn't be much demand for a while. I wonder if the Ford vans are intended to get them started until they get their own (non-Amazon?) van ready to go.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Found the reference to Rivian using Ford vans (along with their own fleet) for the mobile service network interesting.
Definitely interesting. Could be timing, and could also be "supply constraints" and wanting to produce as many customer vehicles (consumer R1 & Amazon vans) as possible.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Per this Bloomberg article. 41 service centers in the US
https://flip.it/do0jdR

buzz is starting to build!

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Not sure why Fisker's being all coy about it. The Alaska is pretty close to duh at this point, IMO. They had some investor docs this summer listing a "lifestyle pickup" as their 2nd vehicle. They've since said a 2nd vehicle will be coming in 2023. And they're hinting at a new prototype announcement right now with a recent tweet from Henrik showing a render I hadn't seen before of the Alaska. If they pull off 2023, they might beat the R2T to market and I suspect this is a small midsize pickup at the largest.

If it seems like I care a bit much, it's because my Fisker investment is my R1T fund : )

And I want that insanely overpriced kitchen.

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

neockder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK, Scout, Tundra, Chinook, Prius
Occupation
Devs
It would be cool, but it would also be a "public" offering and thus wouldn't be "pre"-ipo. To offer shares to the general public (non-accredited investors) requires all the same SEC registrations as going public.
Of which laws are totally an old-money ploy to retain wealth.. By the time an IPO hits the public, all the money has already been made.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Another Bloomberg article suggesting electric pickups & SUVs will herald a Detroit revival. Let's hope so. The most interesting point is how electric motors can scale across a maker's entire lineup of vehicles. And the same might be said of batteries, especially solid state batteries, when they finally get to commercial scale.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...chrysler-ford-and-general-motors?srnd=premium

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It does require following SEC regulations, but can be pre-IPO. Check out Wefunder as an example.

Of which laws are totally an old-money ploy to retain wealth.. By the time an IPO hits the public, all the money has already been made.
Sorry, this couldn't be further from the truth, but I guess your viewpoint probably follows the narrative you've been fed.

In actuality, most crazy gains in stock prices aren't until stocks hit the public market. Plus, VCs/early investors take on a LOT of risk for those early dollars, and their handful of big wins have to counter the offsetting majority of failures.
Sponsored