Sponsored

Best value luxury prove me wrong

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
As a person that is still torn between a R1S and R1T.
The Silverado EV has caught my eye as a camping /retirement vehicle.

I absolutely love the Gear Tunnel of the R1T. And the R1T has more useful storage space then the R1S.
However, the R1S has a hvac controlled sleeping area. Sitting under a sunshade next to my tent when it is above 85 deg. Is not my idea of relaxing. And I can not sleep when it is hot.

This brings me to the Silverado EV and its "Mid-gate".
Drop the mid-gate and put a topper on it. And you have way more room than a R1S.
The cost of a Silverado is a negative.
But it does come with 800 volt charging . A 400 mile range, more space, and even some BUTTONS!
(Age 59) :)
And don't forget , 3000 service centers.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
As a person that is still torn between a R1S and R1T.
The Silverado EV has caught my eye as a camping /retirement vehicle.

I absolutely love the Gear Tunnel of the R1T. And the R1T has more useful storage space then the R1S.
However, the R1S has a hvac controlled sleeping area. Sitting under a sunshade next to my tent when it is above 85 deg. Is not my idea of relaxing. And I can not sleep when it is hot.

This brings me to the Silverado EV and its "Mid-gate".
Drop the mid-gate and put a topper on it. And you have way more room than a R1S.
The cost of a Silverado is a negative.
But it does come with 800 volt charging . A 400 mile range, more space, and even some BUTTONS!
(Age 59) :)
And don't forget , 3000 service centers.
The Silverado EV is a close second for me. It's bigger than I want, and no available in a trim I want anytime soon though.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Now that more BEV pickups are being released (announced?), the comparison is easier to make and I don’t disagree with the OP on what we will be getting more for our $ on these R1 vehicles. When I looked at the Lightning or Silverado EV model I would WANT, or basically what compares to the R1T, I feel like there are pros and cons to all of them but the R1T is the best value to me.
  • Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat w/ large battery pack (300 mile) = $77k: probably has more utility than the R1T with their power bank and gigantic frunk, but otherwise it’s basically just an F150. Hell, you don’t even get leather seats at that price. You get “leather trimmed” seats.
  • Chevy Silverado EV RST First Edition (400 mile) = $105k: This is a really cool truck. Probably should have called it the Chevy Avalanche EV, but it includes a mid gate that folds down behind the rear seats, adaptive air suspension and better battery tech than the Rivian. 400 mile range and supposedly the ability to add 100 miles of charge in 10 minutes. It at least has leather interior but Chevy has never really put out a vehicle with a top notch interior. And $105k? Ouch.
  • Rivian R1T Adventure with large battery (314 miles) = $74k: More horsepower than both trucks above, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, 4 motors, air suspension, and some really cool accessories like the gear tunnel, air compressor, gear guard, and arguably a nicer interior than both the Ford and Chevy. Not to mention that I can fit the Rivian in my garage? Yes, it will charge slower than some BEVs out there, but I will use that time to pour more espresso down my gullet so I can put in more miles in my R1T:rock:
It’s all subjective, of course. There are people on this forum who might cancel their reservation with Rivian because it doesn’t include Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. “Value” is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
Sponsored