Sponsored

Be honest . . . Who bought another R1 because the lease deal is too good to pass on (or wishes they did)

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Did anyone grab another R1 cause they couldn’t help themselves? Curious to hear reasons why and which configuration

I’m in the wish I could have gotten another one camp…just no way to swing it right now
Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I have no need for a 2nd R1T but it seems like a bargain!
Now if I could just lease an R3 for $100/month...

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T, R1S
Occupation
Physician
I did. Tech is changing too fast to hold onto one for longer than 3 years.

ericindc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps
Occupation
wine snob
I wish I could actually lease an R1 until the R2 is released. Unfortunately, they don't have leasing for Washington, DC.

Billyt1963

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, R1T
Occupation
Retired
I wish I could actually lease an R1 until the R2 is released. Unfortunately, they don't have leasing for Washington, DC.
Hopefully soon for you. I wanted to lease, but then got impatient and started the buying process. They stated leasing in TN this week, 😒

Sponsored

moonjeong

First Name
Moon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Analytics
We got an r1s cause the lease was half the price of a wagoner lease. No brained. Wife loves it.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Nah. We want a smaller “city” car for our second vehicle. If R3 was available now, I would absolutely get one though!

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I would have gotten an R1S but no lease in my state.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
I’ve never leased a car and only heard and read conflicting arguments about it. When is it a good idea for someone to lease vs buy and trade-in down the road? One of my buddies said he likes to lease because he figures he’ll always have a car payment and he likes having a new car every 2-3 years. Another friend said leasing was originally meant for company fleets and kind of just made its way to private buyers.

If I want to be able to take my truck off road and not worry about battle scars then buying is the way to go. Also if I plan on customizing the truck (PPF, tint, wheels and tires…) then it would make sense to buy it and not put money into it that I wouldn’t see a return on or might cost me more when the lease is over.

But I do like the argument of these vehicles being like cell phones these days. The technology is advancing so quickly and OTAs can only improve the software to an extent. But improved hardware or designs every few years makes a lease look like a smart move. Not to mention the maintenance being covered during the lease. Being an EV, is there much maintenance over the period of a lease these days?

Obviously it’s going to depend on a persons situation, but leases are becoming quite popular lately and I’m not sure if I’m missing something important. Like I said, we buy our vehicles and hold onto them for much longer than the average person so I don’t think a lease would make sense. But we do have family and friends that might benefit from these good lease deals nowadays.

fdon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Plaid S, Model X, R1S PDMM
Occupation
SE
Clubs

For the same price as my order for the FS AWS CT, I got a lot more truck in terms of style material and not oversaturated in the market in due time. I ended up getting a better deal getting a lease, which I pay off, to take advantage of the 7500 off plus other incentives near the end of month.

Wait became too long for me and I got curious. 3 weeks after I picked up my R1S the CT was delivered to the local center. Went to go see it and was not impressed at all. Maybe different driving but I love my decision

jbl911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
Clubs

Demos seem like an excellent deal for the lease adverse, or people that are not able to lease.
Sponsored