Sponsored

Audio system specifics? Amplifier, subwoofer, etc?

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
FWIW, I asked about the number of speakers included in the 360 system, and the customer service rep said she didn’t actually know.

She did, however, say that she would check on in with “the team” and get back to me with an answer by tomorrow

I know the information is gonna be in the configurator, but I’m impatient, damnit!
Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
FWIW, I asked about the number of speakers included in the 360 system, and the customer service rep said she didn’t actually know.

She did, however, say that she would check on in with “the team” and get back to me with an answer by tomorrow

I know the information is gonna be in the configurator, but I’m impatient, damnit!
I would like to know if rivian has Sirius/xm capabilities

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
And if it does give a one year trial not the new norm of 3 months. Just realized doesn't Alexa have their own system?
Yes, Amazon Music/Music Unlimited. I don't use Spotify or Pandora, but I believe Alexa supports them as well.

I think the issue is that the Rivian or your phone would need decent data connectivity, where satellite radio will wprk in remote adventure locations where there is no cell service.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I think the issue is that the Rivian or your phone would need decent data connectivity, where satellite radio will wprk in remote adventure locations where there is no cell service.
[/QUOTE]
Yes of coarse. Thanks for that.

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Yes, Amazon Music/Music Unlimited. I don't use Spotify or Pandora, but I believe Alexa supports them as well.

Amazon Music on your phone will download and cache hours and hours of music.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Amazon Music on your phone will download and cache hours and hours of music.
Yeah, I'm "old school" in that I've purchased so much music over the years that I have an extensive offline collection. Used to have huge CD books that I also ripped to .mp3 many years ago. Now I'll still buy songs or albums I want instead of paying monthly subscriptions.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired

Yes, that is what I really want is satellite radio!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From a recent chat w/ support:

1) What is the location of the removable Bluetooth speaker(s) in the Elevation 360 audio system?

It is located in the center console, accessed from the front row.

Sponsored

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
FWIW, I went from the “premium” B&O sound system in an Audi to the Model Y (which I believe uses essentially the same system as the previous premium audio in the model 3). No name listed anywhere, and I’m not sure if they’re using someone else’s components or not, but the speakers in the Model Y are significantly better than the B&O system was. I’m hoping whatever Rivian has will be close.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
Not yet, but I'm sure the configurator will have more info; amplified sub is table stakes for premium audio even in non "luxury" vehicles, so I fully anticipate there will be at least 1.

I did ask about the location of the removable BT speaker, just out of curiosity, but no answer back yet. Pretty cool & interesting feature...even though I have literally 6-7 different ones laying around already.
Anyone know what they mean by this description of the audio system? Makes me wonder if it will have active noise cancellation?

“Sound feels three-dimensional through the use of cabin correction technologies and acute frequency control.”

Last edited:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I would expect it is more equalizer settings and timing that is unique to each speaker to attempt to balance audio to the driver, as opposed to ANC.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone know what they mean by this description of the audio system? Makes me wonder if it will have active noise cancellation?

“Sound feels three-dimensional through the use of cabin correction technologies and acute frequency control.”
Could mean that the system is tuned specifically to the acoustics of the cabin.

Rivian is striving for very low NVH levels, so hopefully ANC won't be needed!
Sponsored