Sponsored

Attending Fully Charged Live in Austin?

Attending?

• Total voters

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm trying to get an idea of how many members here will be going.

For comment...would you be interested in getting together outside of the event? If so, post any ideas (meal, drinks, activity).
Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My contribution to possible group activities:
  • Craft brewery tour/visit
  • Good BBQ

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
For comment...would you be interested in getting together outside of the event? If so, post any ideas (meal, drinks, activity).
Possibly, but I have relatives in Austin and plan to go down to McAllen after the event. If I stay, you can't go wrong with drinks and a meal!.....I'll just need to see how everything works out.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Sounds like a great idea but it actually worked out better for us to hit the San Francisco event next weekend. Sorry we'll miss out on this opportunity to meet up.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I’ll be there, but might be on a tight schedule Saturday evening. I’ll have to see what I’m able to do after the event on Saturday.

As far as recommendations go, Live Oak is my favorite brewery and is also quite close to COTA :rock:

Sponsored

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Something work related came up on Saturday so I'll be there Sunday. Heard Jester King Brewery is a top notch place with excellent food as a plus, too lazy to see how close it is.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Something work related came up on Saturday so I'll be there Sunday. Heard Jester King Brewery is a top notch place with excellent food as a plus, too lazy to see how close it is.
I think it’s about 20 min outside of downtown Austin, but is a solid place.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
For those that are lucky enough to get to go to the Fully Charged event in Austin; very happy for all. Can some one please ask Rivian if they plan on offering a sliding rear window, powered or manual. I just think that is an over sight to not offer one since this feature is extremely common and desirable on trucks, unless it's a technical issue. Thanks people, have a safe and fun filled trips and be sure to share your stories afterward!

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I was hoping to attend the Fully Charged event but as I suspected it's during an annual family ski trip. It would be nice to meet up with forum members so I hope Rivian plans on hosting and/or attending a few more events prior to production, especially if they offer test drives!! :fingerscrossed:

Not to get ahead of myself but along those lines I can easily see, once people get their Rivian delivered, Rivian meet-ups organized along with local/regional Rivian clubs getting created, kind of like what has occurred with Tesla. In the mean time, for those attending FCL, enjoy the event and hopefully Rivian will reveal some new information that y'all can share with us here.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I’m a little bummed by this development — it appears Jonny Smith has left Fully Charged and gone independent via his @carpervert YouTube channel. Still great talent/presenter but always enjoy he and @bobbyllew together, hope this doesn’t hurt Fully Charged brand going forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1) I'm up for doing Live Oak Brewing Co on Saturday night after the show, if anyone is interested...let me know.
2) I think we should try to get the Rivian crew to join us if we go somewhere as a group.

***Don't forget - There is a special "after hours" event for preorder holders @ the Rivian booth @ 4:30 on Saturday. This was mentioned in the 12/12 "Let's Meet Up" email that mentioned CES, SF event, & Fully Charged.***

EVian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Should be a really good event; hope you folks enjoy. If anyone fancies asking when UK preorders will start being taken, I would certainly appreciate knowing the answer. Suspect it will still be “we’ll announce that when we’re ready”!

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Ug. Had my Rivian discount code for the Austin fully charged event a month ago but decided to wait to buy tickets till last minute since I wasn’t sure if my 5yo son would want to come. Checked today and completely sold out!!! Anyone have an extra ticket I can buy?
Maybe the 5yo can find a couple of tickets!

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I was planning on attending this event, however, when I looked for tickets earlier I discovered they were sold out! I'm pretty bummed as I wanted to ask quite a few questions to the Rivian staff/engineers on site. If anyone attending the event could ask any of these questions I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

- What is the width of the truck bed, between the wheel wells? (Curious if you could haul drywall or plywood 4x8s flat).
- Will R1T be able to store camera footage while driving or parked, similar to Tesla Sentry Mode?
- Will Rivian have similar App features to Tesla? (Dog mode, Sentry Mode, Adjust climate remotely)
- Will the Rivian UI have some sort of driving environment visualization similar to Tesla? (displays neighboring cars, lanes, road cones, etc, in relation to the vehicle)
- Can Battery packs be replaced/upgraded over time? (buy 135kw, upgrade to 180 down the line, etc?)
- Will level 2/3 autonomous features be included with all vehicles, or do they require an add-on purchase?
- How will these vehicles be future-proofed? (If I buy this now and solid-state car batteries start being introduced in 2 years can this be retrofitted? same for future Lidar, Camera, and computer hardware?)

Hope y'all enjoy the event!

-Thanks

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Well I was there at the Rivian stand for a little while earlier. Didn’t have a ton of time to talk to the employees, but did find out a few things (might not be all new to everyone):

• No CarPlay or Android Auto. I feel like I’ve heard a few mixed things about this, but the guy I spoke to said they will definitely not be available. They believe their system is more seamless.
  • Once again, prices will be lower than previously expected.
  • The plan is to have a somewhat similar driver display visualization for surrounding vehicles and things (like Tesla).
  • I asked about something similar to sentry mode, but the person was unsure about it.
  • Most probably know, but there’s no “glovebox”. Storage up-front includes the center console & pull-out drawer, plus storage under seats. The transmission tunnel area will have walls about 3 inches higher to better hold handbags and things.
  • They learned a lot of things regarding ‘impacts’ while driving during the Long Way Up trip (aka jumping the dune). Also the trucks they used for the trip had a pretty much production ready skateboard, but the body panels and finishings were hastily put together to make the trip. They originally didn’t think they’d be able to have them ready. Hence the trucks looking a little rough by the time they made it to LA.
  • There will be more leg room for the third row for production than the current R1S prototype.
  • I believe I also heard the frunk will be slightly larger.
  • The front seats will be both heated and cooled, but the back seats are only heated.
  • The motors are essentially as efficient as Tesla’s, but the higher rolling resistance tires lead to slightly lower equivalent ranges.
  • The configurator will go live ‘late summer’ followed shortly by test-drive details.
  • From what I understood, you’ll be able to swipe UI/App cards from the central display to the drivers display to bring things closer to your vision.
  • There will be games to play similar to the Tesla arcade.
  • A burnt orange color is quite likely!
I’ll try to update when I think of more things. I’ll also be returning for the happy-hour event at 4:30pm.
Sponsored

Last edited: